cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow fibre broadband

miket
Dabbler

slow fibre broadband

Hi, I'm on Fibre Unlimited Extra broadband, i.e. up to 78Mbps, but have been noticing reduced speeds recently.

Speedtest.net right next to the router gives around 27Mpbs.  I'm sure it used to be around 40-50Mbps.  This is disappointing as I'm paying for the higher band rather than "up to 36Mbps".

The page https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed shows the following:

Estimated line speed:79Mb (This may vary between 59Mb and 79Mb) - Checked on 2017-10-09 16:06:47

Current line speed:29.8 Mb

Can someone from Plusnet please explain why "Current Line Speed" is so much less than Estimated Line Speed?

My router DSL status is showing Current Rate 54997 Kbps and Max Rate 64235 Kbps.

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: slow fibre broadband

Hi @miket,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing poor speeds and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and the test has picked up an external fault on the landline side, which is likely to be what's restricting your connection speed. I've raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and their estimated response time is by midnight on the 7th of November. As this is an external fault, this is only an estimate and if they're able to look into this sooner for you then they will.

Our faults team will be in touch once we've received an update from our suppliers  - please let us know if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
miket
Dabbler

Re: slow fibre broadband

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the reply to my post.  Let's hope Openreach manage to fix the fault soon.

Mike