cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow connection

mathewlisett
Grafter

slow connection

Ok so its now been over 2 weeks since the install and we went from early 30 mbp's to  late teens to 20mbp's so thats something we need sorting out.
another thing im totally baffled with, the way sites like YouTube is so slow to load and the pure fact even with a 20mbps download connection, i STILL cant view 720p videos without the bloody thing stopping and buffering .
i even have issues with other sites like Facebook, twitter, Instagram, eBay that load just like they did when we were on a poultry 6mbps
As you can im,agien im not too impressed upgrading to fiber and still feeling like im back in the old ages
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: slow connection

Your line is connecting below the estimates and where I'd expect it to be:
Downstream Speed 23.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
You should still be able to watch YouTube etc on that connection speed but I'd suggest that the first step to getting this sorted is to open a fault ticket with us at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mathewlisett
Grafter

so going from 33 in the first week to 23 is what you view as expected?
and this is what we have been getting recently so i don't know how you got what you did.

and when i went to file a fault as you call it, there wasnt an option for "fiber slower than expected", so what should i be selecting. and what should i be be expecting when they come around etc
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, what I was saying is that it's connecting below where I'd expect it.
The speeds I've given are the sync speeds between the modem and the cabinet, the speeds you get on a speedtest will be lower than this.
You want to go through the faults checker selecting the option for low speeds or poor performance.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mathewlisett
Grafter

Oh ok, so our speeds should in fact be better than.
ok ill try get the fault reported today.
and my apologize as i just re read the original comment  and my dyslexia did its thing and i missed part of the sentence.