cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

several wifi cams etc. with TG582n router

thistlec
Dabbler

several wifi cams etc. with TG582n router

i have the standard  TG582n  plusnet router and have been unable to connect more than a few  camera's  and printers to it .    wired connections are no problem.  i have just removed all encryption  from the router and am now able to connect to all 4 cameras  and a couple of printers,  and  a laptop  with no problems....
Is this  a function of the encryption s/w  or  a  cheap  router...
i am not that happy about my network being unsecured. but it seems to be the only way to get everything connected.
any advice welcomed....
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: several wifi cams etc. with TG582n router

Sorry to hear about the problem you've mentioned.
We'd not describe the TG582n as an advanced router but you shouldn't be having any issues trying to achieve what you've mentioned.
I'll have a chat with our products team on Monday and see if we're able to offer you any advice on that
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I think you will find that the problem will be that the cameras don't have the capability to handle the length of password or the security level of the router
But you don't want to reduce the security of your WiFi to suit the cameras  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

One thing you could do is get a 2nd known-brand router that is used solely for the cameras, piggyback off the primary router and set the 2nd router to take it's DHCP settings from the primary router, but having it's own wifi key to connect the cameras and isolated (turn off the SSID Broadcasting once the cams are connected to prevent unwanted access) solely for their use ... Smiley