Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up hub one

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: setting up hub one

Did you move the 5GHz onto a different SSID?

Which O/S are you using? If its Windows are you using the manufacturers drivers or the default Windows one?

shortarse
Dabbler

I did change the SSID, my Iphone picks up 5GHz but my laptop won't  that only detects 2.4GHz, I have windows 8.1 drivers are I assume default.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It's possible that the wireless card in your laptop doesn't support 5Ghz.

How's your speed looking with your iPhone connected to the 5Ghz network?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes, you can get short USB ones which are fairly cheap. Worth trying to see if it fixes the problem.

shortarse
Dabbler

I borrowed two laptops from work today and they were getting speeds of 45+ GHz this made me think that its my laptops at fault, So ! on the note of wifi cards I looked for more information and ended up in the network adapter settings where I found the wifi to be set on performance, the other option was wifi so I thought well I'll give it a try and low and behold I am now getting a constant 50+mbps on 2.4 GHz.

So I am now all fixed and cooking on gas!  Thumbs_Up  I just have to check the settings on my other two laptops to make sure the settings are correct on those.

Thanks to all that tried to help, I'm sure that without you I would have given up long ago.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Glad you got there in the end, and glad that we were able to help you... even though it did all sound rather technical and daunting.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that seems to be sorted now. Thanks for letting us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet