Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self install fibre question for plusnet staff

cagerty
Dabbler

self install fibre question for plusnet staff

Hi
I want to upgrade my ADSL package to fibre broadband and as I understand it I will be getting a Hub One so I assumed it would be self install. However on the upgrade screen it still asks me for an engineer appointment. I am self employed so can't really afford to take a day off work to wait for an engineer. Is it possible I could self install and cancel the engineer?
Thanks
dick:green Superfluous quote tags removed.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: self install fibre question

Hi cagerty,
I can make sure that's a self install for you.
Please go ahead with the upgrade request along with an appointment then drop me a reply or a PM here and I'll pick up the order.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cagerty
Dabbler

Re: self install fibre question for plusnet staff

Thanks, I have now completed the upgrade. Could you confirm the engineer has been cancelled and my completion date?
Also I seem to be getting sent a plusnet 2704n router. Shouldn't I be sent a hub one for a self install?
Cheers
cagerty
Dabbler

Hello
Could someone from plusnet please confirm that my self install order has been put though and that I am being sent the correct router. Adam sent me a pm advising he would pass this to a colleague to action. I was also advised the engineer appointment would be cancelled.
Thanks
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately automation has put it through with an appointment.
Leave this with me and I'll sort it out and send you an update via a ticket on your account within the next 24 hours once I'm able to get a self install order in place for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cagerty
Dabbler

OK thanks
cagerty
Dabbler

Thanks for sorting my order Harry. Can I confirm this is a self install and that the previous engineer appointment was cancelled? Can I also confirm that the evening and weekends phone product is still on my account as per my original fibre order? Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I haven't changed anything that you had set up on your account so the account change will be exactly how it was initially set up.
I simply cancelled the order on our suppliers systems and placed a new order that was self install Wink
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cagerty
Dabbler

Lovely, thanks.