cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router delivery

axlstod
Grafter

router delivery

hi , I am a current customer and I am getting fibre installed tomorrow, does the engineer bring the plusnet router with him because I haven't received one through the post?
thankyou.
19 REPLIES 19
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: router delivery

The engineer only brings the Openreach modem.
Plusnet should have posted out the router to you.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
barbieg43
Grafter

I am also supposed to be getting fibre tomorrow, and was told the router was dispatched last Thursday. Of course it hasn't arrived and the engineer is booked for 8am to 1pm and my post is never before 10am. It doesn't bode well does it. I've already rung CS to tell them and been told open reach can connect up top my BT hub 4. Told him I thought this was incorrect. It will just be my luck that open reach actually turn up on the day and no router.  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the Home Hub 4 will work fine - just put in your Plusnet details
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135840
barbieg43
Grafter

Oh, thank you for that, some one had told me you couldn't use it. At least I'll get connected up . I was going to buy a Billion Bipac router anyway, just hadn't decided which one and don't want to hijack this thread.
axlstod
Grafter

spoke to plusnet and there was a mix up which resulted in my router not been sent out, rang just before 5pm so the chances of getting it by tomorrow are pretty slim. read on amazon that there is a way to get my current router the tp-link td w8980 Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

read on amazon that there is a way to get my current router the tp-link td w8980
Yes, there is. Set the operation mode to 'wireless router mode', connect the BT modem to the LAN4/WAN port of the 8980 and configure the WAN settings for PPPoE with your PlusNet username & password http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
Hope that helps 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

axlstod
Grafter

cheers. Smiley
barbieg43
Grafter

Well I have to say, my router arrived at 10am, the engineer rang to say he would be at mine at appr 12. 20pm and I was up and running , engineer on his way by 12.45. To say I am happy is an under statement . The engineer was absolutely fantastic, he checked my MacBook to make sure I was on line , my phone and I pad . I can't believe how lucky I am , I usually get grumpy engineers . Very impressed with the speed too. All in all, I am a very happy and relieved oldie.
axlstod
Grafter

glad your engineer turned up, i'm still waiting .fingers crossed I get a visit. Sad
axlstod
Grafter

well this isn't looking good???  Embarrassed
axlstod
Grafter

on the phone now, well I can safely say that my transfer to fibre has been one big mess, 1st I was going with bt until they messed up my order, then I decide to stay with plusnet on an inferior package. only to have problems with the install date, no router and now no engineer turn up on install day?? not to mention that I finished work 2 hrs early just so I would be here for install. guy at prov is gonna sort it out could take 72hrs...... not happy. Sad
barbieg43
Grafter

Oh dear, what a dissapointment. I feel bad for you. I was lucky, so I hope they sort you out soon.
axlstod
Grafter

was your engineer from bt?Huh
shure
Grafter

I feel for you, I really do.  I think for telecommunications companies the communications aspect is severely lacking...
  I don't think they should be allowed to get away penalty free with not showing up.  Every engineer must have a phone and how hard would it be to call/text to say they have been delayed?  At some point in the day they will know for sure that they won't be able to get round to you.  It's unacceptable in this day and age