cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returned to plus.net, disappointed at speeds (possible re-post as original is missing?)

benfphillips
Grafter

returned to plus.net, disappointed at speeds (possible re-post as original is missing?)

So, I've moved back to Cornwall after a few years away.

Long story short is that I've opted to use Plus.net as my previous experience with them was pretty good. However, at this new property the line speed & IP Profile has dropped from 30-32mbit < 20mbit (being the guaranteed minimum estimate).

Today's speedtest shows 10mbit download speed which is 50% of the IP Profile.. I think something isn't quite right.

The router hasn't been dropped, other than once at the recommendation of plus.net support and the line speed has totally died without any re-syncs at all.

I know its the same equipment, however the previous people in the property had a much better speed with another provider :-/. Is my line getting unnecessarily capped?

I have a few friends left in Openeach from my time there so I'm going to get some clarification from them as to how far my connected cabinet is from me.

Is this punishment for not taking the more expensive package with line speeds I cannot obtain anyway? 😕

Edit:

Phone exchange: PENRYN

Estimated line speed:30Mb (This may vary between 20.6Mb and 30Mb) Checked on 2017-03-03 23:19:31

Current line speed:19.5 Mb

This was done through an Ethernet cable, not wireless

10.5mbit download speed via BT Speedtest this morning.

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: returned to plus.net, disappointed at speeds (possible re-post as original is missing?)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

The original post was caught by the Spam Filter.

I have released and removed it in favour of this thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

maulz
Grafter

Re: returned to plus.net, disappointed at speeds (possible re-post as original is missing?)

you may want to check

all your  phone cables and make sure  they are all clean and undamaged. 

that you are plugged into the master socket  that your filter is ok.

that you havent added equipment near a phone extension line that is causing interference. you may want to  remove any phone extension cables you dont use  at the master socket. you can leave them in a way you can reuse if you change your mind. 

if all that doesnt improve anything then its probably a fault  outside on your incoming copper wires. if its old or has bad joints etc.for that  you will need an engineer good luck