Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-signed for fibre and assured speed would not change

glenmarlow
Dabbler

re-signed for fibre and assured speed would not change

Hi
I have re-signed for fibre today for 2 years after calling regarding an incorrect end date on my current contract,  I was offered to correct it to the 6 months remaining or resign on a very good deal which I accepted on the basis that
my package would not change in any way. IE 40/10  downgraded to 40/2.  I'm not very trusting so I recorded the call.
I asked the question before agreeing and he went away and checked with somebody,  He came back and I was assured it was simply re-signing and nothing would change, however when he finished the call with "if it does change you have 14 days cooling off" my concerns re-surfaced so here I am.
I'm not due to change until the 5th so have a few days yet to cancel and remain where I am if need be.
my current sync from drayek
Connected : Down Stream : 55424Kbps / Up Stream : 15836Kbps
while bt wholesale speed test gives me 38mb down and 13 up

Anybody else resigned and had there package changed or not as the case may be.
Thanks
Glen
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: re-signed for fibre and assured speed would not change

You weren't on 40/10
You were on 40/20 which was a BT Openreach 80/20 with the download capped by Plusnet to 40Mb/s
You are not alone there have been many reports of that happening
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

my current sync from drayek
Connected : Down Stream : 55424Kbps / Up Stream : 15836Kbps
while bt wholesale speed test gives me 38mb down and 13 up
As Jim says, from those figures it's looks like you are on the old Fibre Unlimited 40/20 product. That is not a current product, the only current products are Fibre Unlimited Extra which is 80/20 and Fibre Unlimited which is 40/2. Hopefully one of the CRT team will see your post and confirm the situation but from other posts recently my guess is that if you have recontracted to Fibre Unlimited then it will be 40/2!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glenmarlow
Dabbler

thanks for the replies,  didn't realize it was a capped 80/20...good to know.  Reading between the lines then my fears aren't unfounded even after assurance when the question was posed , hopefully somebody from plus net can put it in writing one way or the other prior to the 5th,  if not I think ill call and cancel and request to remain in current contract just to be safe.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As you have a recording of the call I'd suggest you insist that they stick to the agreement made: you stay on 40/20 at the agreed price. If they refuse report them to Trading Standards.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
amcclean
Rising Star

I asked about re contracting and speeds on here before as have many others. In the replies we have been assured taking up any re contracting would not affect speeds.
Clearly we need a definitive answer. I will try and look out my old post and provide a link for it.
Podman
amcclean
Rising Star

Here we go.
Simple Straight forward Reply States there should be NO change: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141740.0.html
Podman
glenmarlow
Dabbler

Thanks Podman that's the response I was looking for from a plusnet rep Smiley  suppose now I just have to roll the dice and keep my fingers crossed,  at least  I have the call and that thread saved should I get downgraded.
I shall post back when it happens at let you all know the outcome
Glen
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looking at your account it all seems fine, there's currently nothing in place to change your speeds at all.
If you do notice anything, please let us know and we'll get that checked out for you Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
glenmarlow
Dabbler

Mucho Gracias Harry Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

PLease let us know how you get on as having been with pn for over 10 years I have never asked for a retentions "deal" and have be curious as to if they are indeed sticking to the advise previously given in the forums.
I don't think I am in a place yet yet on my account where I am able to re negotiate but your's goes trough ok i may consider re-contracting.
podman
amcclean
Rising Star

Glenarmlow, how did it go are your speeds back to normal?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Nothing has gone through to change his speeds. Not quite sure what you mean by, are your speeds back to normal.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
glenmarlow
Dabbler

well my heart sank briefly when I today received an email stating my product change had completed Shocked
however on getting home and looking at router stats , I can confirm it would appear that  nothing looks to have changed my end as Harry stated originally.
My speeds are down slightly on upstream however My router has been on and off a number of times on the 3rd and 4th as I have been re-routing my cabling in the house whilst having some electrical work done so Ill put that down
that.

Connected : Down Stream : 56696Kbps / Up Stream : 9168Kbps