cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random drops

voyager98
Dabbler

random drops

Im not sure why but since my regrade ive got a few disconnect then reconnects. Is someone on the other end doing something to my line atm or do I have an issue?
10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: random drops

Our tests aren't showing any issues but I can see the connection is dropping.
Which lights on the router go off when your connection drops?
Does the DSL light on the Openreach modem go off or start flashing?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
voyager98
Dabbler

next time it happens as its so random ill get up and run and look and tell you. Many thanks for monitoring my line as its a new regrade and im hoping to get uninterupted connection if poss
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Let us know how you get on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
voyager98
Dabbler

I just ran a speed test and seems like my download speed as dropped from 70 to 35mb download. is there a linetest going on atm ?
voyager98
Dabbler

My line just dropped again with all lights on the openreach modem on.
Can someone investigate the other end please. Is my line unstable now since regrading from ADSL to Fibre ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The line has dropped out a couple of times, not many though.

Your connection profile is fine:
Downstream Speed 75.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

If the line continues to drop more regularly then I'd suggest reporting this in to us at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
voyager98
Dabbler

Can you link me the site to check my profile please and also can you show a pic of the drops from today as ive been asleep and the kids have complained of poor connection and id like to see how many times its has dropped. Is this because its within the first 10days of installation. Thank you
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@voyager98
Link to Plusnet data line speed (or profile) is https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
You will need to enter your Plusnet username and password to see it. Note it only shows the speed not the line shown below with error protection details.
To see what BT have set your profile to, go to http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/, click "yes" and then "begin test". After that has ran click "Further Diagnostics" and enter only your phone number in the box marked telephone number. Ignore the rest of the boxes. Click on "Run Diagnostics".
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
voyager98
Dabbler

Its been nearly 10days now and my fibre dropped again this morning.
Can a plusnet staff please link the graph from the last week so I can see if there is a pattern.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are you using the 2704n router and are you using the latest Avast on any of your computers? Some users have found the latter is causing the 2704n to reboot periodically.