cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random disconnection

sebjo
Grafter

random disconnection

this evening i have been disconnecting randomly ,i'd say 5 /6 times over a few hours , the connection just  drop out of nowhere ,anyone else got this issue?

i have tried to talk to online tchat , but , as usual " nothing wrong in our service , i can raise a fault and send one engineer but that would cost you £65 since the fault is not on our side" way to go to scare people off and stop complain with xmas coming up , for weeks if not month we have had bad service , packet loss , sometimes weeks without what we pay for , but don't be late 1 day to pay your bill , they interrupt your browsing.. way to make us proud 

4 REPLIES 4
Carmo
Hooked

Re: random disconnection

I have had the exact same problems as you since yesterday night, random disconnections during the whole day must of been something like 7 or 8 by now. For me I just really think this is the last nail in the coffin for Plusnet, will be looking for new ISP first thing Monday morning

Slobcat1337
Grafter

I've been getting around ten per day! Been with plusnet for a couple of months and it's laughable how bad an isp they are.
Carmo
Hooked

Its been quite horrible the past couple of months thats for sure. Ive had more random disconnects in the past 2 weeks than I did the first 2 years LOL

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Same here, random disconnects. Openreach Engineer found clean line and no problems 2 weeks ago when I first raised this with PN, and had no idea what could cause them beyond "Something at the exchange, perhaps". The disconnects continue.

I find it odd that previous visits to this forum have not seen as many disconnect posts as now, and so guess there's something going on at the server end rather than locally?

The connection comes back like a reboot after 2-3 minutes but it's bloody inconvenient and annoying. it didn't happen before, so why now? why so persistent? and why so frequent? Something has changed don't you think?