Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your broadband service"

FIXED
HumphreyGokart
Hooked
Fixes: 1

"Your broadband service"

Hi everyone new on here so please bear with me. I have been a customer of plusnet coming up for 3 years and my contract ends 23/12/2021, I have been quite happy with the service however when looking up my service contract it says my broadband service is "Product Unlimited Fibre Extra" estimated download range 42-44Mbps estimated upload range 7-8 Mbps then it goes on to state minimum guaranteed speed 34.3 mbps then Current Line Speed 47.2 mbps. I am not sure wether to renew my contract as there advertised speed for unlimited fibre extra is 66 mbps . Incidentally when i first set up my plusnet router and tested the speed it read almost 70 megs and showed BT on the test which i know is part of plusnet. So can anyone help me decide to renew my contract or go elsewhere? Because something not right.

7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: "Your broadband service"

Hiya @HumphreyGokart, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry that you are concerned with your package and speeds.

I have tested your line and this does look to currently banded at 49mb and so I have raised a request to have this lifted for you. This usually occurs if there has previously been a fault or some intermittency with the connection.

The banding should be lifted within the next 72 working hours for you so after this point, let us know how things are.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
HumphreyGokart
Hooked

Dear Lauren B, thank's for your early reply it's much appreciated can you tell me if the new plusnet hub 2 router would also make a difference? and if so would i be able to order this should i decide to renew my contract/

Cheers

Humphrey Go Kart.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @HumphreyGokart,

Line banding issues aren't typically down to router problems, so it probably wouldn't make a difference in this case. That being said, if you were to renew/upgrade your contract then you would have the option to acquire a Hub Two router should you choose to do so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
HumphreyGokart
Hooked

TheMightyAJ, thanks for the advice.

HumphreyGokart
Hooked

Fix

Hi Lauren B,

you requested that my bandwidth be lifted and to get back in touch to let you know how things are after 72 hours, well things are still the same, so what can you do next to persuade me to stay with plusnet before i consider canceling?

Thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for getting back to us @HumphreyGokart

I'm sorry to see you're still having speed issues.

I've tested your line today and I can see your speed is no longer artificially restricted by automated software at the cabinet (the green box in the road) however our tests are showing what's known as a bridge tap which is a wiring issue.

To investigate further I'd like to arrange an engineer visit with you. Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available?

If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still