Did you mean: 

"PPP Connecting" - Please help!

FIXED
pazaah
Hooked
Fixes: 1

"PPP Connecting" - Please help!

Hi,

Our fibre broadband in the house has been down since 3AM this morning, I have spoke to a lady in technical support and they are going to send out a new router however I do not think this is the problem.. I have tried switching to another third party router and still getting the same issues.

I've tried everything possible to get this resolved however I am not having any luck. There is also no maintenance happening or fault reports in my local area. I have a feeling there is an issue with a cabinet or on the exchange side.

The router is sitting on a stable orange light and is not managing to resolve a connection and just shows "PPP Connecting" Under the internet status window within the browser settings.

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this? I need this looked into ASAP, I cannot work from home without our internet returning to a normal status.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: "PPP Connecting" - Please help!

Hi,

You could check that your username and password to are correct in the router for the PPP (= the method that the router connects to Plusnet).

If you are using a Plusnet Hub 1:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/#hubOneLogIn

There is aslo a troubleshooting option.

It is possible that BT have a fault in your area.

Are you in an area mentioned in:

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

Regards

Richard

pazaah
Hooked

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response, I have double checked over my username details, every character is input correctly, I have also tried the troubleshooting option however no success and the power light is still a stable orange.

It appears I am also not on the list regarding that website link you provided.

I was doing some research and it appears that an engineer coming out will be the only solution here.. 

Regards

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Have you contacted Plusnet to get the fault raised?

If you cannot get through on the Telephone, there is a troubleshooting process there:

https://faults.plus.net

If you follow the process it will raise a fault.

Once the fault is raised you may have proactively phone Plusnet, the next day, to ensure the fault is progressed and does not sit in a queue going nowhere.

Reading these forums Plusnet support seems to be hit and miss these days, especially since COVID-19 arrived.

pazaah
Hooked

Fix

Hi Richard

Thanks for that, I have now raised the issue via the web form. I am hoping this can get resolved quickly. I will give Plusnet a further phone call tomorrow to try speed things up

I really do appreciate your help today, thank you