cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet, secured"

tomhoppy

"No internet, secured"

Hello,

Keep getting constant issues with my Wi-Fi and can't seem to find a viable solution anywhere. The device that seems to have the most problems is my Samsung Tab Pro S, on Windows 10. Whether it is "no internet, secured", "unidentified network" or "no connections found" it has a problem every time I switch the device on. I have tried speaking to Plus Net on the live chat, just to try and find out whether the problem is with them, or the device. I always get the same answer, which is to try all 50 odd channels, waiting 4 hours in between each try. I've tried this, with the weeks it took to do it. Always feel like I'm just getting fobbed off on the chat and never impressed with the service to be honest. Arsey messages like "you pay for wired, which is fine. Wi-Fi is your problem". I've tried every "fix" I can find on the internet and it just doesn't seem to do anything. Having to do the network troubleshooter 10 times every time I switch the device on, just to get it connected, is so tiring and frustrating. Does anyone else have this issue? Or have any ideas for fixes? Any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: "No internet, secured"

Hi @tomhoppy, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the WiFi.

Though you say the Samsung Tab has the most issues, do other devices have the same issue being experienced on the Tab (ie "no internet, secured", "unidentified network" or "no connections found")? Do you only notice problems if a certain device is in use?

Have you tried separating the routers 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless? If not I'd give this a go, the steps for doing this are below. Though the 5GHz is a stronger connection, it's range isn't as good and so is only really ideal for devices used in close proximity to the router. For devices used at a further distance from the router or used all around the property, 2.4GHz would be more suited.

1) Connect a device to your Hub One, once done you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254.

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'.

4) Turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

You will now see 2 available network connections in your settings (if the device is compatible) and can pick which one to use.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team