cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Is it Plusnet, or is it me (or my PC)??"

RoryClark

"Is it Plusnet, or is it me (or my PC)??"

My contract is due to expire, and galvanised by the long-standing problems that I've experienced with accessing my e-mails, and the 26% price increase in the "Unlimited Fibre and Line Rental" contract, I have to decide whether to find another ISP (assuming Plusnet is the problem).

Briefly, doctor, the symptoms are as follows;-

* Loading can take several minutes, during which time I may get a "Refreshing" message;

* E-mails may not load at all, and I get a "Server Error Unable to Send Command" message.

Plusnet has said that there is no problem with their download speed, and the upload speed, when tested, appeared to be OK, if not impressive.

I can't help wondering whether there's a problem with the 'phone-line (how well does copper mesh with fibre?).

Needless to say, the whole experience is incredibly frustrating, to the point that I'm thinking of reverting to talk talk (which I still get for free - and, interestingly - without the problems associated with Plusnet..

Does anyone have any useful Prescriptions?

1 REPLY 1
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: "Is it Plusnet, or is it me (or my PC)??"

Are you running anti-malware or anti-virus software ? If so try temporarily disabling them and try again.