Did you mean: 

puzzled

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: puzzled

@Townman wrote:
As for the website, it looks like the toolset you are using needs some tweaking - it looks like its trying to be responsive to the size of the user's browser but is not doing a very good job. 

... not quite how things are set up here, though I understand the reason for the comments : )  the partly-visible stuff is on the backdrop, which was only constructed how it is to provide "extra links" on browser windows wider than the max-1400 page-width on desktop pages (all pages on the site have desktop/tablet/mobile equivalents).

The set-ups on actual *pages* are "responsive" in that they're percentage-based (so will reduce down to whatever degree) but the backdrop is "fixed" and will slide behind a desktop page if a browser window is reduced to less than the width of the monitor (if that makes sense) (and assuming the monitor is wide enough to actually display the whole backdrop).

Given your comments, I think I might just dispense with the desktop backdrop-links and revert to a more conventional format.   "less is more", and all that : D

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd already complied this so Wink - OK here goes,

Log into the 582n GUI, depending on your screen after log in select >Advanced Options  at the bottom of the screen if need be, then
On the LH menu, select >Technicolor Gateway then >Configuration then >Save or Restore Configuration  from the bottom of the page.
On the Backup& Restore screen, click >Backup Configuration Now.  You'll be prompted with a default filename of user.ini which you can change if you wish, when prompted for the Folder to save it in.
Once saved (it's a text file), make a copy of it to edit so you have an uncorrupted original if you mess things up.

Then Edit the file using a plain text editor such as Notepad in Windows, search for WANDown. You should find it in the [ dnss.ini ] section where (unless the fix has already been applied) it should say WANDownSpoofing=enabled. Then replace the  enabled  with  disabled  and then save the edited file. Then use the edited file to Restore the configuration to the TG582n.

The TG582n will then reboot by itself.

Note, I would advise everyone to do a Configuration Backup anyway as it saves any customisation that you may have made yourself, as well as this fix which is not permanent should you ever do a factory reset. Plusnet may or may not, do a further firmware upgrade to make the fix permanent, but that doesn't include your own customisation of course.

If you want to try Telnet -

Open a cmd window and type      telnet 192.168.1.254
You'll then be prompted for a username .....    admin
and then the password (the TG582n's serial number)
At the telnet prompt, enter the following commands.
dns server config WANDownSpoofing = disabled
dns server debug spoof clear
dns server debug spoof list
saveall
exit

No reboot should be needed.

HTH.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Anotherone wrote:

I'd already complied this so Wink - OK here goes,

Very much appreciated, and thank you : )   have other stuff to deal with right now, but will try and actually *do* this, in due course.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.