cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product specification changed without notice?

Mickdooler
Dabbler

product specification changed without notice?

Anyone else experianced this?
My original product was Plusnet fibre unlimited, In november 2013 this wass the highest speed product(upto 76mb), once my contract was ended i was going to leave to move to a cheaper provider. Dont get me wrong i was happy with the service but price wasn't right, anyhow the good people at plusnet said they were willing to match the price, keep me on the same product as long as i signed a new 2 year contract. no problem they matched the price (although line rental was still a lot more than other supplier).
Now over tha last 6/9 month i have noticed a massive reduction in speeds, thought nothing of it as both my kids are constantly watching youtube(HD on a 5 inch screen!!), netflix, my son even watches youtube whilst playing his xboxone and facetiming his mates simultainusley. But I have logged on to my account today out of pure bordom and noticed that although the product I am on is still called the same, the speed has actually been reduced to 38mb. But to add insult to injury the price of the package i now seem to be on is £5 cheaper, and the renamed package, now unlimited fibre extra is the pice I am now paying for lower speeds.
Does this seem right to anyone, has anyone else experianced this? is this a breach of contract, as i am not recieving what was in the original contract?
rant over but it would be interesting to hear if others have noticed this speed drop too.
Attached are the original email confirming speed and a screen grab of package i now seem to be on(with no option to upgrade I may add)
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Username, telephone number and postcode removed from the attachments in a public forum]
2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: product specification changed without notice?

Yes it happened to me when I made a deal with Plusnet, the Issue stems with the name of  the old 80/20 package being the same as the current lower one so when my new contract kicked in they put me on the lower one thinking that was what i was on based on the name and not what it actually was ie 80/20 or 40/2 
I'm not sure if it's a automatic system swap or done manually either way I had to get someone on online chat to swap me back over to 80/20. my advice would be to do the same.
MKChris
Dabbler

Re: product specification changed without notice?

Had the same problem spoke to support then customer options, was put on correct product within 24hours.