cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem since reconnecting

tjd
Grafter

problem since reconnecting

Hi typing this from my phone so forgive me if any mistakes.
Net went off last night was on phone for an hour this morning and managed to get reconnected however I am now getting intermittent disconnections that won't even let me get onto the router to reconnect.
Can someone take a look please as I don't want to be on phone for another hour.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Taaketa
Grafter

Re: problem since reconnecting

Usual advice is to access your router. Go to broadband connections tell it to disconnect. Then power the router only off for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes turn it on.
tjd
Grafter

Just happened again. Online for about 5 or 10 minutes with no problems with speed etc then it stops fetching any results and cannot access router.
I'll turn it off or a while and see if it makes any difference.
tjd
Grafter

Internet seems stable now but it's not letting smart TV or upstairs PC wired by ethernet connect. Help appreciated
tjd
Grafter

Seemed to have solved the problem. After outage it seems a Samsung Smart TV was interfering with the router / fibre boxes getting connection back to normal.
Everything I tried wasn't working until I switched the TV / 2 boxes off and restarted boxes whilst leaving TV switched off. So yeah, it appears Smart TVs interfere with router / modem thing.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Always best to restart a Router with devices connected turned off except perhaps the main PC on an ethernet connection.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@tjd,
Sorry if you were affected by Saturday's outage.
I'd definitely give what Anotherone advises a try if you're still having problems getting your devices back on the WiFi network.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team