cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor wireless, replacement router recommendations?

Zdenka
Hooked

poor wireless, replacement router recommendations?

Hi everyone, I have plus net One hub and wireless performance is rather poor. I keep changing channels, separating 2.4 and 5Ghz ranges, every change seems to temporarily work and then within weeks we are back to square one.

My main issues are devices disconnecting and reconnecting. Bearing in mind we have 5 home and work laptops, 4 iPhones, PC, printer and all the gaming gear that needs to connect to internet, it's rather a lot of devices! Who'd have kids 🙂

Plus I find the One hub settings rather limited, kids have easily circumvented wifi timeouts by changing their iPhone names on regular basis and since I can't lock by MAC address I am looking elsewhere for a better router.

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Mda08zk

Re: poor wireless, replacement router recommendations?

zdenka I am having exactly the same issue with my work home hub one. Some wifi devices are not connecting automatically until I switch wifi off and on manually on my phone....so frustrating
Dambus
Hooked

Re: poor wireless, replacement router recommendations?

Hi, I too had similar issues. I replaced modem with Billion 4x4 MU-MIMO AC 2400 Dual Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL2+ Gigabit Modem Router. Since doing so connection has been rock solid with fantastic speed (77.07 Mbit/s). Cannot recommend highly enough, though interface can be daunting quick start setup is easy. Router aka Billion Bipac 8900AX-2400 but name seems to have had an upgrade.