Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor connection

FIXED
yorkiecol
Dabbler

poor connection

hi, can anyone help. my fibre broadband keeps dropping out. goes from blue to orange flashes then goes blue again for some undetermined time. then goes orange and drops out again. every time it does I get disconnected from internet. lose the site I'm on and have to start all over again. does this at least 20 times a day.  "please note" I play internet tournament poker and it's costing me money. due to folded hands and sit outs. 

I got Plusnet fibre broadband because it is supposed to be reliable. stable. and fast. at the moment it's not either reliable or stable.  thanks

7 REPLIES 7
yorkiecol
Dabbler

Re: poor connection

hello is there anybody there. 

I have some more information that may be of assistance. currently I have two devices hard wired to the router. and 3 devices using the wireless 2.4mhz connection of course they are not all connected at the same time. but have noticed  that the drop out sometimes occurs when one is activated while using another device.  like sending something to the wireless printer from the my computer while the wife is watching on demand on the TV.   it shouldn't be a problem on fast fibre broadband but I'm no expert.

also when we got the package we were told the line speed would be around 35/37 Mbps download speed. it started @ 33 Mbps and rose over the next week or so to 36 Mbps which is about right.  however this morning I did a speed test and it is currently running @ 50.54 Mbps download speed almost 40% more than it was. could this be anything to do with the issue. 

thanks

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @yorkiecol.

We've tested the line and located a potential High Resistance Fault. We'll need to eliminate this being an internal issue by accessing the test socket and re-testing. If the issue persists, we can be reasonably sure that it's an external fault.

If the issue resolves itself, we can be pretty sure that it's an internal issue and we can work with you to locate it.

How to access and set your connection into the test socket can be found here.

Please let us know once you're in the socket and we'll re-test.

yorkiecol
Dabbler

ok so were plugged into the master socket via a filter supplied. will await your reply.   thanks

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @yorkiecol,

I have tested the line and it is still detecting a fault but I would like to first make sure that you've plugged the router into the test socket not just the master socket.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkiecol
Dabbler

yes we have the pull off master socket.  pull out the phone and broadband socket from the face plate. connect these to the supplied filter [not normally needed] pull of the face plate of the phone box master socket and connect the filter input plug into the hidden socket under the face plate. I assume this procedure is correct. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Cheers for getting back to us and for clarifying that, yes that's all fine. I've just reported the fault with Openreach and have added an update to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197022369 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkiecol
Dabbler

hi team. thanks for you help.  the Openreach engineer came as per appointment checked  the line said it fine from the street box. I explained the issue and told him you had suggested removing the master socket face place and adding a filter to the master socket inside. this seemed to cure the issue once done.. so he checked the face plate which was faulty and replaced it. glad to say not had any drop out since changing the face place so as of now we will call it fixed. thanks once again.