cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pokerstars.uk not working

Fixes: 308

Re: pokerstars.uk not working

@itimjim  and @sgjoe 

Have you followed the suggestion by @MatthewWheeler in message #25 and contacted the website re geo location?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 106

@sgjoe wrote:

I also have this problem and have not heard back for days now? I have been abandoned Sad

I'm really sorry that you're having this problem, unfortunately, it's not easy to fix because we're not the cause of the problem.

Essentially the website in question appears to be using IP address geolocation software but the database they're using is incorrectly showing you to be outside of the UK.  You can check your IP here and then check where it's registered here, spoiler alert I've checked and it's showing UK.  There isn't much we can do to make them update their geolocation checking facilities but our network teams have tried to make contact with them to offer support.

@itimjim wrote:
Was raised in January by me and still not sorted. Clearly forgotten about. Shall be moving contracts on renewal. Poor.

I'm really sorry you feel this way but there is really very little we can do.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
will4
Hooked

The problem is nothing to do with geo-location. I have spoken to Pokerstars and their systems see me as being in the U.K.

If the problem was geo-location then I would not be able to access the site from any network in the U.K, however at my friend’s house and on my mobile both using networks other than Plusnet I can access the site without any problems

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 106

@will4 wrote:

The problem is nothing to do with geo-location.

I'm sorry, but it is, we know this because there are a number of services that is causing issues with. The problem is some geo-location lookup providers have the incorrect (historic) region for the IP range.

I have spoken to Pokerstars and their systems see me as being in the U.K.

Try Pokerstars now.

If the problem was geo-location then I would not be able to access the site from any network in the U.K, however at my friend’s house and on my mobile both using networks other than Plusnet I can access the site without any problems

I'm not sure what you mean here, your friend will have a different IP address, therefore the lookup to determine your country of origin will be different. When you use your mobile you will also have a different IP address, so the lookup will be different. I am on Plusnet and I am able to access Pokerstars because my IP is different and they correctly recognise it as being a UK address.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager