Did you mean: 

pokerstars.uk not working

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: pokerstars.uk not working

Hi @will4,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this problem. Do you experience any issues when trying to access any other websites, or is it just Pokerstars that's affected?

Please can you confirm whether you see an error message when you try and access this website and, if so, what the error message says.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
will4
Hooked

No othe sites as far as i can tell. The error msg is

"The connection has timed out

The server at www.pokerstars.uk is taking too long to respond."

It only occurs when connecting through the router, it happens on all devices, if I switch wifi off on my phone and use mobile data it works fine. I have tried re-setting and de-faulting the router. I have changed the dns server address on my P.C with no success.

It has been suggested previously that this may be due to ip address geolocation.

will4
Hooked

log file report

15:41:24, 02 Apr.

OUT: BLOCK [65] First packet is Invalid (Packet not in tcp window: TCP [192.168.x.x]:51321-​>[52.166.251.x.x]:443 on ppp3)

15:41:23, 02 Apr.

IN: BLOCK [9] Packet invalid in connection (tcp reset attack is suspected: TCP [216.58.x.x]:443-​>[146.199.x.x]:45777 on ppp3)

15:41:21, 02 Apr.

BLOCKED 1 more packets (because of Packet invalid in connection)

15:41:21, 02 Apr.

BLOCKED 3 more packets (because of Packet invalid in connection)

15:41:20, 02 Apr.

IN: BLOCK [9] Packet invalid in connection (tcp reset attack is suspected: TCP [216.58.x.x]:443-​>[146.199.x.x]:45777 on ppp3)

15:40:25, 02 Apr.

OUT: BLOCK [7] ICMP replay (ICMP type 3 code 1 146.199.x.x-​>216.58.x.x on ppp3)

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @will4,

Thank you for confirming that. I've checked and you're currently connected on an IP address that is within the range that is affected by Geolocation issues.

I've performed a session kill on your connection. Please turn your router off for at least 15 minutes and then back on - when it reconnects you will be on a different IP address and this will hopefully not be in the range that's affected. Please let us know if the issue persists once you've done this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
will4
Hooked

Hi Emily

Still no good log still showing "in blocks"

J-B
Hooked

Nope still not working, I have to use a proxy to load the website. Connection to the actual game servers works fine for playing though.

Considering switching provider anyway since our contract has been up for ages and we've been overpaying for our service.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see that both, 

From checking it doesn't look like your latest sessions have disconnected. Could you try powering the router off for a few minutes before reconnecting and trying again?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
J-B
Hooked

I tried all that months ago and it made no difference.

I'm too busy right now and there are multiple people in the house online, especially when I doubt it will change anything based off doing the same thing already with no affect.

The help is appreciated but it appears to me that it's a problem that's going beyond turning it off and on again Smiley

It's been a problem for well over a year and it's the only site I've found to have a problem with. I don't visit it that often and I have a work around.

will4
Hooked

As you suspected J-B, a power cycle made no difference.

Interestingly I have also received an email from pokerstars support to say that they believe the issue had been resolved. I have also told them that it definitely hasn’t.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately there's not much further we can do regarding this.

It may be worth getting back in touch with them and asking if they're using a out-of-date geo location service

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
will4
Hooked

You need to escalate this to the tech guys to run a trace. The log messages from the router should point to where the problem lays to someone who has a good knowledge of TCPIP.

This has being going on for over 12 months. It was never an issue beore I changed to fibre!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Will.

As per my colleagues reply, I'm afraid the issue would likely lie with the website in question using out of date geolocation data, which we don't have control of. It may be worth switching your router off overnight to try to pick up a different IP range.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sgjoe

I also have this problem and have not heard back for days now? I have been abandoned Sad

itimjim

Was raised in January by me and still not sorted. Clearly forgotten about. Shall be moving contracts on renewal. Poor.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's Note(s)

Two near-duplicate posts have been removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still