cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet hub one

dabba
Grafter

plusnet hub one

Fibre now available in my area, so thinking of upgrading to fibre, my Plusnet router stuggles now regarding coverage so i will only order fibre when the new hub one router is available, would anyone from Plusnet be able answer this please?   
14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: plusnet hub one

If you upgrade to Fibre you will get a Hub One,
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dabba
Grafter

Many thanks Matthew, will I also need a engineers visit? (which I prefer as none tech) 
scottymc
Grafter

Hi booked my upgrade Saturday ,
Got an email and a text today saying ill be getting a nice new Hub One...will this mean that I wont need to be in for the engineer to install fibre ????
Sorry to hi-jack your post
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@dabba
You'll still need a engineers visit.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
landsok

Hi,
We have only just gone live with our Super Fibre Broadband and,
it would seem that we Did NOT get one of these New "Hub One"
Routers ..... anyone know why this is?
What do we need to do to get one?
Any replies welcomed.
Many Thanks   Smiley
David
PS,  speedtests, as instructed, have proven that we are getting SLOWER
speeds than we were when on 'ordinary' copper-wire broadband.  Angry
dabba
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
@dabba
You'll still need a engineers visit.

Doubly Pleased, thanks Matthew. 
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Quote from: landsok
Hi,
We have only just gone live with our Super Fibre Broadband and,
it would seem that we Did NOT get one of these New "Hub One"
Routers ..... anyone know why this is?
What do we need to do to get one?
Any replies welcomed.

Yes, I'm confused by this one too. I only started with P/N yesterday, order went in four weeks back. P/N sent me a router and a separate modem.  Really wish now I hadn't bothered requesting the P/N router as it will now never be used as I'm using my BT Homehub 5. Worst part is, I also have a totally pointless separate modem still all wrapped up in the box. What am I supposed to do with this now?
It therefore seems some customers are getting one thing and others something else.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: Kimberlin
It therefore seems some customers are getting one thing and others something else.

As a long standing existing customer, we upgraded to fibre this week to be rewarded with a every old router and no modem as the Openreach no longer supply them.
Luckily the engineer came through and shorted PlusNet's short coming on the missing modem!!
dabba
Grafter

Not as advised Plusnet Forum Advisors!
Just phoned Plusnet with regard to upgrading to fibre all ok, I then asked would it be a Plusnet Hub 1 router,I was informed by the sales advisor (Mandy) definately no!! ony Hub one's will be sent with orders on and after 17th December, so I withheld from completing the upgrade order. 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The agent you spoke with is incorrect.
If you go through the upgrade you will get a Hub 1.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dabba
Grafter

Thanks for your reply and confirmation Matthew, could you please inform link:csa removed at customer support please and also can you confirm I will get an engineers visit.

adie:red removed staff name as per link:rules
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've fed that back already and yes you would get a engineer visit.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Quote from: Matthew
The agent you spoke with is incorrect.
If you go through the upgrade you will get a Hub 1.

And so, with respect, when will those of us who have just very recently signed up be sent a Hub 1? As I stated in an earlier post, I was sent a router (at my request because I wasn't entirely sure my BT Homehub 5 would work correctly) and a completely pointless separate modem. I'm now awaiting the return bags for the router and the modem. My concern is, whilst it is convenient that I do have a fully functioning BT router, it won't get any future over the air software updates that the P/N Hub One will undoubtedly get.
To end on a positive note, I'm very happy so far with the P/N Fibre service, very stable, good speed and the times I've got through to P/N Customer Services, staff have been falling over themselves to help.
dabba
Grafter

Advice received on this forum 'spot on' placed the upgrade order to fibre on Monday, Hub one arrived yesterday engineers visit, booked for 10th December (although looking at info received 'our suppliers have not confirmed our request yet' so looks like waiting for BT confirmation but I'm sure all will be well,  really helpfull staff (Josh) when I called plusnet on Monday and not too long to wait to get though.