cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet fibre NG17 AREAS

peterpan77
Hooked

plusnet fibre NG17 AREAS

ok folks..i am looking into changing isp vm over crowed network is becoming frustrating not only for xbox use but on my wallet too. my 100mbps line as nearly disappeared down to 5.75 mbps.i only need a connection really for xbox live so only looking for stability not speed.pn entry level fibre looks good on paper.i used to be with pn on phone line broadband 10mbps down and 1mbps up.only had to phone pn twice in 2 years.is there anyone in this forum who as plusnet fibre in the NG17 AREA with any user problems thanks

16 REPLIES 16
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

Re: plusnet fibre NG17 AREAS

Hi There.  I live in the NG17 Area also.  I have been on Plusnet Fibre for nearly 3 years and I have had a few problems but i'm consistently getting around 50mbps download.  

peterpan77
Hooked

definitely changing isp from virgin media. one thing that needs to be sorted first theres a box on my street that as no door at all and you can see the coax cables.now iv asked vm and iits not theres there also been a sky van on the street and he didnt seem bothered.not told bt yet.there is no numbers as i can see of.if a member off plusnet staff contacts me i will give them the street name. thanks

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

This site give you info about reporting damage to Openreach https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellus.do

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @peterpan77 A warm welcome to the community forums

Thanks for letting us know that a green cabinet is damaged. If it's a BT cabinet, we can report this to Openreach, however only by raising a fault through a home phone number we're supplying.

I'd recommend to reporting this to Openreach by calling the damage reporting number in the link that Mustrum has provided as this sounds like it should definitely be put right.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
peterpan77
Hooked

thats the only thing thats putting me off joining...will have alook at the info iv been showed thank you

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Once the damage is reported, Openreach will usually send an engineer out within about 3 business hours to assess it & arrange for it to be rectified.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anoush  Honestly Huh  OR engineer within 3 hours  Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

For their kit maybe 🙂

for things like this i can believe it, if some yob gets drunk and smashes it up that is a huge amount of work to get people reconnected etc!

p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

I'm not so sure it belongs to Openreach. I thought only Virgin use Coax cables. Openreach are typically copper pairs.
peterpan77
Hooked

Is this a bt box before i phone them to report it
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

Looks like virgin media
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's difficult to tell. Any stickers or markings on it?
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

looks too deep for an OR cab, also not the typical connectors by the looks of it.

its quite empty to my guess is on VM 🙂

is that a manhole next to it? who owns that / what markings on it?

peterpan77
Hooked

couldn't see any numbers or stickers on the cab.not had chance to look at agai yet WORK.posted it on the virgin forum not let me upload the picture though plus this forum is more user friendly.virgin not get back yet anyway forum is full of complaints ever area suffering from over utilization folk on 200 mbps only getting 5mbps as im writing this my 100mbps as become 3.75mb dl and 6.11 up and offering me money off my monthly package is bull. im not putting up with [-Censored-] broadband just because they offered me money off.