cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet fiber disconections

Martin123453

plusnet fiber disconections

hi,
I have been with plusnet for over 2 years now, as you have always provided the best deals and service out there, that being said 6 months ago i upgraded to your unlimited fiber broadband deal for £30 a month as the current standard broadband i was on would be paying the same price for less speeds.
the first month i had my broadband i was over the moon, fantastic speeds and best connection i could ask for, but it didn't last, 5 week later i had a disconnection, at first i didn't think anything of it and put it down to work being done or channels being switched ect. so left it as that but not even 5 days later it happened again and again and again, for months this has happened over and over again, after reaped tickets be sent to your customer service team the only response iv had is to check the line and send me the results or blaming it on my area i live in.
the funny thing is my area i live in is very close to my local city and the green interchange box (if thats hat they are called) is so close to my house i can see it out my bedroom window, when the engineer installed my fiber broadband he made a joke saying that my connection was so good to the green box that if i worked for NASA i could run a space station from the connection.
i have hand a brand new Plusnet fiber router put in and because i thought it may be a fault with the first router provided by you but now realize that it is the plusnet equipment and connection to the internet that is the problem, my WiFi is repeatedly resetting itself and disconnecting from all wireless devises in my home and there are only 2 devises connected to it.
unless you fix this problem i will leave plusnet and not pay a single penny more because i am not paying for a service i am not receiving 
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: plusnet fiber disconections

I've just had a look at your account and we're not seeing a huge amount of disconnections, there are a few showing though:

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly and do the problems happen if you use a wired connection?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Martin123453
my WiFi is repeatedly resetting itself and disconnecting from all wireless devises in my home and there are only 2 devises connected to it.

Sounds like a WiFi issue to me.
@Martin123453
Are you seeing any issues if you use a wired connection to the router?
If it's just on wireless, have you tried setting a different channel number?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Martin123453

hello,
to answer both of your questions, most of the time i am using wireless connection but when i do use wired i still experience the disconnections, part of the problem is to do with my WiFi as i believe the equipment plusnet have provided me is not suitable or fiber broadband.
no matter what what way i am connecting to the internet i am still being disconnected, i don't have the luxury of a constant wired connection as iv got a laptop that goes all other the house, iv checked my line speed as well and have noticed iv been getting download speeds of 15mps and upload speeds of 20mps, im unsure of why this is and am not sure if its related to the issue at hand
Martin123453

Hi, I have just been disconnected again it lasted about 10 seconds and recennected again
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

That drop is showing on our end but aside from that it looks fine.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Martin123453

Quote from: Matthew
That drop is showing on our end but aside from that it looks fine.

i would understand if this was a drop in data but that shouldn't keep disconnecting me all the time