Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help,what is the total upstream and downstream bandwith

habs2habs

please help,what is the total upstream and downstream bandwith

hi everyone
please i need your help.
I have plusnet fibre optic 76mb,but it keeps buffering.
Can you please tell me what is :
total upstream bandwith:
total downstream bandwith:
IPTV bandwith (mainly for TV):
I hope to hear from you very soon
My kindest regards
habib
6 REPLIES 6
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: please help,what is the total upstream and downstream bandwith

What you actually have is 'up to 76Mb/s broadband'. That means your connection speed could be anything up 76Mb/s, depending on the quality and length of your telephone line. None of us can tell you what connection speed you have as it's specific to you.
Run this tester and tell us what it says:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
Also let us know whether you are using wifi or a wired connection.
habs2habs

Andrue
Thank you so much for your reply.
Please i know up to 76Mb,i am getting 66Mb,depends how far i am from the exchange.
I live in flat,
The modem router i have in my small room wired connection(honestly i am using my own modem router tp-link archer VR900.
In the sitting room i am using receiver wirelessly  to my tv,but my tv keeps buffering,like i have normal broadband speed,not fibre optic.
please is there anything i can do to stop this buffering,i am getting so annoyed from these buffering.
example:change the channel in modem router(in the wireless settings i put Tick on both enable wireless radio 2.4GHz and 5GHz).
On the wireless settings in the modem router i have,i put channel 6,and keeps changing channel 1,6,11) to try to stop the buffering.
Can you please help me solving this problem.
thank you so much for your help in advance
My kindest regards
habib
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Wireless  Sad especially with PN router is well renown as not so good
would help if you say which router and which TV channel  , i have fibre 78/18 and no matter what i do BBC buffers , but everything else is ok
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Andrue
Pro

As rongtw says, wifi is just not as reliable as a wired solution. Since you live in a flat it's likely that there are a lot of competing wifi points around you. There are apps for phones and applications that will tell you what's in your area. You have a dual-band router, can your TV use the higher band? That might help since the newer band tends to be less crowded.
If you really can't run Ethernet cable from your router to your TV the next best thing would be Powerline adaptors. They don't always perform as well as advertised (and a flat is probably worst case scenario for them) but they ought to be better than wifi.
ChrisWoods
Rising Star

I refer you to my answer on an identical topic: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146511.msg1298831.html#msg1298831
Additionally, with a crowded wifi 'neighbourhood', your 802.11 devices may just be being 'deafened', unfortunately. Like trying to be clearly heard over a pub full of revellers on a Friday, doesn't matter whether you talk at a high or low pitch.
Consider relocating the wifi router or alternatively using homeplugs. If the latter, be sure to enable any strong encryption available on them due to possibility of shared ringmains.
habs2habs

hi all
thank you so much for all your reply.
please be with me step by step,this is what i had done before i wrote to you asking for help.
I bought tp-link homeplugs,and tried to use one homeplug near the modem router and  the homeplug very near the TV,followed all the information from TP-link how to configure those homeplugs.
nothing worked,keeps buffering.
i even brought engineer to my flat to help me stop buffering,the same,buffering(i am not saying all the channels buffers,some of the channel not  from UK).
The engineer install very long (ethernet line,from the back of the  modem router tp-link VR900,all the way to the small corridor,to the sitting room where the TV and the  back of the receiver),within 15 minutes he charged me £40.00
In the sitting room i do not have a telephone line(main plug to fibre optic).
from the tp-link settings section:when i buffering happen,i go wireless section and changed the channel(from auto to number 13) one by one,to see which channe;l have less buffering

please rongtw: what do you mean PN router,i have my own modem router TP-link archer VR900,the channel called (mbc action,mbc max,mbc1,2,3,4,5,mbc bollywood)i have a (dish) to watch other channels,but some required me to connect to the internet to be able to watch,sometimes i got a very quick message,you have been disconnected,than you are connected successfully.
i do not know what to do next
can you please help me as you normally do
my kindest regards
habib