cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overpriced billing

richardtosh

overpriced billing

I wonder if anyone could offer any advice, before the moderater removes my plea for help again :

I recently upgraded to Unlimited Fibre which I thought would be billed at £11 per month, as per the "Product Change" part of my member area.

I've been with Plusnet for 10 years, and have only just moved to what I thought was £11 per month Unlimited Fibre, as my son told me I was being ripped off for loyalty, with the 1MB service for 9.99 plus two £5 top ups per month, that I signed up for 10 years ago. I am in my seventies so not so tech savvy.

Plusnet has ended up charging me 15.99 per month for Unlimited Fibre, not the £11 the "Product Change" area stated.

I saw an option in my account to upgrade to "Product Change" to unlimited fibre extra :
Unlimited Fibre Extra SPECIAL OFFER £13.00 per month (normally £20.99)
... so i changed to this, as it was the only way I could find to reduce my monthly broadband costs, albeit this time to £13 per month

Now it says my Current package is Unlimited Fibre Extra £20.99 Line rental £18.99 Call plan £8.00

This time I was expecting Unlimited Fibre Extra to be £13 as advertised in the "Product Change" area when i clicked change

It says I will be billed Unlimited Fibre Extra £20.99. I did not sign up for this, under the product change tab it said this was £13!

What I really want is the "£11 per month Unlimited Fibre" broadband package I originally signed up for, I don't think the "You can change your package online at anytime." bit of your website works, it does not appear to honour the prices it advertises.

Its really confusing why the figures I ( a loyal customer of 10 years ) am paying are so much higher than the offers you advertise, and the prices you say I will pay under "product change" 

What I really want is the "£11 per month Unlimited Fibre" broadband package I originally signed up for.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks, Richard

4 REPLIES 4
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: overpriced billing

Hi richardtosh@

We're sorry to hear that you are paying more than expected.

Have you contacted our Customer Options team directly regarding this issue?

0800 013 2632

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday  
9am - 7pm Saturday  
9am - 6pm Sunday

We're more than happy to have a check over your account if you can PM your account username?

However, please be aware that if you require a contract change this must be done with our Customer Options team directly.

Kind Regards

richardtosh

Thanks Ollie.

Last time I called I was on hold for over 30 minutes and had to go out.

It's the same username as my username on this chat room

If you could check that would be great
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @richardtosh

I've asked one of my colleagues in the options team to give you a call to discuss this and get this resolved for you.

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @richardtosh

I can see that my colleague has contacted you and set up a new contract which is great. He also made me aware that you were querying your most recent invoice, which I've now investigated and raised a ticket for you here.

Best wishes

Dave