cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over 2 weeks delay

Mishima07
Dabbler

over 2 weeks delay

Set for installation on the 17th of Jan. Still no fibre.
Previous provider was BT, which cancelled on the 16th of Jan.
Out of internet in a family house for over 2 weeks due to this delay, costing us plenty for mobile data usage.
2 REPLIES 2
LimaTango
Hooked

Re: over 2 weeks delay

You are not the only one. I arranged to transfer my broadband service from one number to a second number at the same property, as I plan to get rid of the first number, which is a business line. Told verbally and in writing that date of service change will be 01Feb2018 and that 'new' service will be made available 'during the course of the day'. The first line's BB service was cut at about 7am on that date. Waited 'til 3:30pm (over 8 hours without service) and was told, didn't you get our message to say the new service would not be available until 08Feb2018 ? Er, NO I did not receive any such message, and if I had I would have cancelled the change! What sort of people are running the business where they assume a service cut and a re-connect of 7 days later is acceptable ? At least they have to have a some mechanism that prompts a reply from the customer, not just, "well, we sent the message". As a result I cancelled the whole thing, after 12 years 'loyalty' and have moved to a reliable company with a hugely positive reputation, rather that these people.

Mishima07
Dabbler

Re: over 2 weeks delay

so I'm not alone! I'm sorry to hear you were also in a similar position, will be heading into the 3 weeks mark next week, and will keep this thread updated on the happenings.