Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openreach...

FIXED
deadite
Hooked

openreach...

i am with plusnet since last monday, from a sub licenser of plusnet(john lewis broadband) i changed my username and password in my router as advised, connected fine to plusnet, was able to use without issue but when i come home from work the next day... no broadband signal, and neither does my cousin who lives a few doors down, he has the same surname as me, a day or so later... hey presto, openreach manage to restore a broadband connection - by connecting up my cousins BT connection and phone number to MY line and my plusnet connection and phone number to him *slow clap*, openreach send out a load of muppets around here, a friend had the same thing happen when he was getting connected to bt broadband, arsed up by openreach, didnt even connect the wires up in the cabinet.

TLDR, ive been without plusnet fibre and a relative is without BT fibre because openreach are obviously employing some apprentices that dont really know what they are doing.

12 REPLIES 12
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: openreach...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @deadite,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced recently with your connection/phone line. I understand this was raised with our suppliers and we've been provided an estimated response time of 08/04/19 17:00:00, however I see you've also responded to the ticket today regarding a contact from the engineer.

Hopefully this is sorted now, however please do let us know if you're still experiencing issues once you've had chance to check the connection and we'll get that chased up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
deadite
Hooked

Am finally connected to plusnet, but with the speed I'm getting I can barely open a webpage 24mb down and 1mb up I understand it takes a little time for the line to train, but when I was using a John Lewis that uses plusnets lines I was getting my full 66mb plus from hour one.
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@deadite 

Hi

Then I suggest something else is wrong.

I am on sub superfast vdsl (22Mbs) and I have no problem opening web pages.

My ul is 2.5Mbs.

Try a speed test, or use the flashed based BT wholesale test  (master socket, wired, nothing else running etc etc)

deadite
Hooked

tried a bt wholesale test, page loaded up ok, am getting 24mb down and 0.87mb but at least i can open a webpage now, all i have to do is wait for speeds to pick up, i dont get it though, my connection WAS fine (66mb down 19mb up) as soon as i joined plusnet from a subsiduary (john lewis broadband) am kind of hopeful that i can get this all sorted out, as soon as possible, but after a week with no internet at all, ill be glad of what i have atm lol

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @deadite, thanks for the update.

On checking the line, it appears as though the placed order was erroneously placed as ADSL. We're sincerely sorry that this happened.

We've just placed what's known as a 'modify order' which will move your service over to Fibre within the next 5 working days.

When this happens, please drop us a post and we'll ensure that any relevant credits are added to the account in recognition of this error.

deadite
Hooked

an engineer from KNA (who are subcontractors for openreach) called here today, tried netflix and said my internet is sorted, im not sure if he was here to make sure my line was connected to broadband, which it is, but its still on ADSL. does the switch to fibre not just take place at the cabinet?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm honestly not sure why the engineer visited as that shouldn't be necessary so I'm really sorry about any confusion related to that. I've checked the modify order that Owen mentioned and that isn't due to complete until 15/4/19 which is when an engineer is set to go out and complete the upgrade at the cabinet.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
deadite
Hooked

i truly hope that come monday i am sorted with a service that i paid for more than a month ago, then openreach arsed, then it turns out my order for fibre needed to be modified,  im almost regretting leaving john lewis broadband , i had fibre from them, which uses plusnets network, but charge more, i have had 3 weeks of either no internet at all, or 24mb down 1mb up, which to me, as an old network admin isnt ADSL and it isnt what im paying for either, 66mb down and 18mb up

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @deadite,

I'm really sorry about the poor and at times lack of service as a result of this problem. I have once more double checked the order platform and the modify is committed for monday 15/04/19. This potentially can take up until midnight to apply. 

As Owen mentioned above, drop us a message when you're happy its sorted and we'll refund for the downtime.

Thanks again for your continued patience.

deadite
Hooked

im back using fibre, finally. lol, i know itll take a few days to become stable, but am glad to be back on fibre. My apologies for being a little snappy at times, just frustration kicked in a few times in the last 3 weeks or so.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @deadite.

I am pleased to hear you are back on the fibre service but I do apologise for any inconvenience this issue caused.

If we can help with anything else, just let us know

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team