cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oh the irony of it all... wherefore art thou my FTTC?

BorderCollie
Hooked
Fixes: 1

oh the irony of it all... wherefore art thou my FTTC?

Many years ago I left BT and joined Plusnet, I was fed up of BT being useless. (mainly admin)

PN has been great but the ghost of BT strikes again, no surprise I suppose but why did this have to happen?

I ordered my upgrade to super-duper top line FTTC last week and was told it would happen yesterday (31-Aug-17)

I got email confirmation that the order had been completed yesterday.

Box duly connected and all was fine.

I waited for the super-duper bit...

...and some more...

Managed to get onto support chat (its been unavailable most times I've tried) and asked the obvious question.

Got put through to provisioning who looked into it and told me that their supplier (OpenReach) had a problem.

"it seems there is currently a capacity issue for fibre. Our suppliers are working on fixing this and they have advised us to check back on the 11/11/17"

Eleventh of November????????????????????????

Why accept the order and give me a date that is completely wrong?

@Customer services - as no one would give me an email address for you, please contact me with an explanation.

Marketing statements such as "we are making strenuous efforts" not required.

Let me say at this point that all the support people I've managed to contact at Plusnet have been great so far and I'm only sorry that had to be in the front line for giving out such news. I was polite and nice to them, I know it's not their fault - many others may not be.

We all need to know that when we order something that it will turn up in reasonable time - or when we are quoted it will turn up.

NOT over two months later and when I contact Plusnet to find out what's happening.

Come on Plusnet, buck your ideas up - the ads are great, lets try and get the on the ground reality a bit closer to the hype.

Excuses for "Charlie fell off the ladder" I can understand - "we didn't allow for people to order it" - not so much.

Woof!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: oh the irony of it all... wherefore art thou my FTTC?

Hello there.

Sorry to hear things aren't going to plan.

@BorderCollie wrote:

Why accept the order and give me a date that is completely wrong?

We weren't aware that there's no capacity at your cabinet. In fact, our our suppliers records [what we use when placing an order to BTwholesale] is still showing fibre is available. Sad

Since placing the order we've been advised there is a capacity issue and in these situations there's not much we can do I'm afraid. The order is currently on a waiting list.

We can either leave it as is and when capacity is restored your order should complete. Alternatively, f you'd like to cancel your order I'd recommend speaking with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2].

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BorderCollie
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I do appreciate that you're not actually feeding the fibre and that you have to rely on Openreach (rely / Openreach = oxymoron?)

I also appreciate that you must be as frustrated with them when they fail to plan or execute work as they say they will.

Nevertheless, you're my supplier and I need to complain to you so you can pass it up the line, apart from taking a baseball bat to the nearest Openreach van I have little other option Smiley

As to cancelling, I'm now in a quandary, if I wait the extra 2+ months will it even get done then? It's been a while getting to me (years+++) even though the exchange has been enabled a long time. If and when it does do I have any faith now that it will be anything like the speed promised?

I'm generally positive but I'm now left deflated to say the least after waiting so long and wonder if 5g will get to me before the man in the van.

I'll decide on Monday.

Thanks again for the reply, even though you can't fix it, some feedback/contact was welcome.

Have a good weekend!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems. I believe a fibre order will stay open for 90 days before closing. Whether capacity is restored within that timeframe is a bit of a mystery I'm afraid. 😕 We can always re order it if capacity is restored at a later date.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet