Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting my Minimum Guaranteed Speed

net
Hooked

not getting my Minimum Guaranteed Speed

1.jpg2.jpg

Its just me on the internet, around 3-5 devices. and I'm getting fairly decent speeds but i just experience lag all the time. Video games lag, wireless connection is poor, even more poor then my last broadband. Was good for the first week or so and it just gets slower and slower. I find this weird because I'm getting at least 40 download and upload is fine.

macbook & iphones are connected wireless obviously and everything buffers. 

my main computer is connected via ethernet and i still experience the same lag as i do wireless.

Can this be looked into please?

5 REPLIES 5
net
Hooked

Re: not getting my Minimum Guaranteed Speed

i must add that im actually not getting my guarantee speeds and this was one of the reasons i switched.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@net 

Your post is very confusing.

If you do a speed test with your Ethernet cabled main computer do you get the minimum speed? If you are then you have a wireless problem. This and lag times are not guaranteed. You need to get the wired speed as high as you can before considering any other issues.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

net
Hooked

no i dont get my guaranteed speed when doing wired, the picture is from my computer that is wired. basically the internet is slow 24/7 when i have half decent speeds.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@net 

What fault finding have you done? The two basic tests are:

1. Plug in a wired phone, ring 17070 then Option 2. Check that there is no background noise on the line.

2. Remove the front of your BT Master socket to expose the Test socket. You may have to remove two screws. Plug a dangly filter in to the test socket and connect that to your hub. Try the wired speed test again.

3. If you get through these tests and it's still low then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @net

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Please follow the instructions outlined by @Baldrick1, but in the meantime also, please send me your account username via PM and I'll be happy to run some tests on my end as well. We can usually find your account through the Forum but I'm not getting anything when I try to find you.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds