cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no net now for 4 days

davey6
Dabbler

no net now for 4 days

my problems started last week when my speed dropped by 10meg, raised a ticket and support told me the profiling machine
had not updated its self and they corrected my speed.
i was thinking great right up till friday afternoon when my net dropped fully and has been down ever since.
i phoned support on sat morning and done every test poor emma could think of.
nothing worked so she raised ticket 98229211 for me.
and thats the way its been ever since, no one has bothered to update this ticket in the last four days
and i am left wondering if plusnet are doing anything at all while all the time i am left paying for a service i can't use..
all lights are steady green on the bt modem but on the technicolor and my own tp-link the internet light is off, when i do the connectivity check under the Technicolor TG582n FTTC
it fails with the fault " Concentrator not reachable"
just to list what has been tested, technicolor removed and used my own tp-link ( which i normally use )
just sits there in a endless loop of connecting.
removed router and connected to BT modem direct, and used windows mini port option, failed with code 651.
i would be grateful if someone at plusnet could tell me that something is being done about this fault instead if leaving me in the dark like this.

9 REPLIES 9
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: no net now for 4 days

Hmmm .... your connection shows  5 Days, 13:54:51 (on going).
I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve, but first can you confirm when you last switched off the router and modem? Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm really sorry about this, I think it's been sorted for you. Please let me know if not.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
davey6
Dabbler

no its not been sorted and the modem was off 1 hr ago as i reset everything before i posted in case
it needed yet another reset to regain connection
if you look at my useage as i was this morning it will confirm what i already know.
i am not connected to plusnet at all,the only way i can get online is using my friend downstairs wifi.
davey6
Dabbler

just to help you, i have just pulled the power from both the modem and router it should show you
i am not connected at the time of this post, i will leave it off till you let me know otherwise
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You've been "disconnected" but you haven't come back online yet. Can you please login to the routers interface and try to authenticate?
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
davey6
Dabbler

at last  Grin i now have the net and my speed is its normal 42 down.
thank you
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Excellent, really sorry to see it's taken so long. I've updated your ticket.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
patrick78uk

Hi Dave,
I experience similar issue since this morning. Can you please share what you did to resolve it?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@patrick78uk
Is this sorted for you now? I can see you spoke to our support team about this and they should have fixed it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.