Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet red light

lyndsaym96
Hooked

no internet red light

hi,

at midday the internet stopped working, we have flashing amber light on router and solid red light on broadband symbol. looking at the upstream and downstream its 0 for both.

called in today line tested ok, phones ok, just cant connect to broadband.

advisor says problem at our end and is sending out new router.

I tried a couple of other routers but still cannot get the adsl to sync,

any idea anyone what the issue could be if its not the line

following tried,

plugged into master socket,

changed filter and adsl cable

factory reset the router

changed user name and password to same as account

any help appreciated

note* it says in service manual a solid red light indicates username password issue, its meant to be self install and uses setup@plusdsl.net as its login, I changed this to my username as advised but still cannot connect

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
nadger
Rising Star

Re: no internet red light

@lyndsaym96 When you changed username did you use username@plusdsl.net?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

looking at the upstream and downstream its 0 for both.

That suggests it's not a problem with the username/password you're connecting with as even with those entered wrong you should still see a sync speed in the router.

We should be progressing this as a fault really. Can you PM your username so I can take a look at what's going on.

Please send me a private message

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for the PM. Testing the line is showing in sync, which is odd based on your stats above which suggest it's out of sync. It's looking like the next step is an engineer visit, however I would definitely double check that the connection username in your router is in the format username@plusdsl.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lyndsaym96
Hooked

Hi. We had the line tested from the exchange to the property and that seemed to throw up an error. Was promised a 72 he call pack and engineer booked for Monday. Phoned sat and told no engineer had been booked but accepted that 72 hrs had passed. Promised 24 hr phone back. That was 2 days ago. Still no word from plusnet regarding this issue. Unnacpetable not even a sorry. Considering switching to virgin now as need internet and with no resolve in sight feeling this may be our best option. If you able to find any info for us or any clue as to the status of the repair I can be contacted on [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

lyndsaym96
Hooked

Also new router from plusnet came thur has same issue