cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no fibre. engineer fta 3 times. plusnet not bothered!!

hello101

no fibre. engineer fta 3 times. plusnet not bothered!!

Not sure what to say at this point.
1 week ago my fibre suddenly cut out.
After waiting in a queue for 1 hr to speak to an advisor i was no further forward.
I had already looked at the connections and even tried another router. No joy.
After another 1 hr wait I managed to get someone helpful who organised an engineer for thursday
A family member had to take the day off to wait for the engineer. Guess what...no show. Contacted plusnet after waiting another 40 mins. Advised engineer will be out in the afternoon...guess what..no show and no contact until i called plusnet at 8pm.
Got called the next day at 12.30 to say engineer will be out between 1-6. Family member rushes home....guess what...no show and no contact.
Got told last night engineer has now been booked for monday am but they cant guarantee they will actually show...what the hell?
This now means loss of earnings for at least 3 days. No internet and therefore cannot complete essential work and plusnet dont give a toss.
Get told i can understand your frustration but nothing we can do....
Plusnet..this is disgraceful!!! I am so frustrated and extremely disappointed at the shocking service!!!
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: no fibre. engineer fta 3 times. plusnet not bothered!!

Your legal rights are explained here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights and do cover Plusnet's use of Openreach engineers (it is not just about delivery rights).
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
hello101

Wow thanks for that.
I didnt know that. Very interesting read...
Well after exactly 1 week of phone calls and no shows the internet is somehow working again.
It is within 2 hrs of when it went off last sunday (1pm). Back ip this sunday at 3pm....
Slightly suspicious.....im sure they will say total coincidence...i think not....
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

That,s a great link,now bookmarked. Smiley Cheesy
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/