Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no fibre Internet at home

darklight1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

no fibre Internet at home

Just woke up this morning no Internet, I use a Asus router so I thought it had died, I could still get into the router setting just fine but not connection, so just plug the plusnet router in still no Internet, not sure what else I can do now, maybe Internet is down here for some reason help plzz.
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: no fibre Internet at home

@darklight1 What lights are showing on the router, and what does your status page say? Have you checked your phone line for noise? - dial 17070, select option 2 - you should hear nothing other than the periodic 'Quiet Line Test' message.

John
darklight1
Grafter

Just checked the phone line test all fine with that, I have gone back to my Asus router now still no internet, I use a cable from router to PC, the router light is showing red I can go back to plusnet router if needs be, I don't think it's at my end because internet was working fine before I logged off for bed last night, my mobile phone using WiFi to router still no Internet so I am using my mobile data now.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

you can do some initial checks at https://faults.plus.net
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
darklight1
Grafter

OK just gone back to my plusnet router, the lights on the router show green on power Etherley broadband but no light on at all where the Internet light should be.
It's a tg582n router at the home page of the router showing broadband connection internet connecting....... its showing a @ sign with a red cross next to it.
So PC to router is fine just no Internet here.
darklight1
Grafter

The router connects to a bt modem next to it, the lights on that show, power green, dsl no light on at all, lan1 green.
So looks like no dsl signal getting to the modem at all.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

did you raise a fault using the link above?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
darklight1
Grafter

Yes I did, I also called plusnet around 8:30, and they ran a test and said i was affected by a "Major Service Outage in your area". They said my connection dropped around 1am this morning, need to wait now till BT fix there Box, said it would be resolved around 1pm or bit after, but also this could change.
darklight1
Grafter

I am a happy bunny now, internet is working, see how it goes like throughout the day.

Who ever was dealing with the outage they have come well within the fixing time. 😁

I have changed back to my asus router, up and running.

This was my first big issue that i needed to contact plusnet since changing to plusnet many many years back.