cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no broadband for almost a month

Stee
Hooked

no broadband for almost a month

My broadband and phone line went on the 7th of December just after lunchtime which coincided with the open reach engineers being in the cabinets working

Left if a couple of hours and called PlusNet to explain we had no phone no broadband they said we had to wait up to five working days and they would get an engineer out

Engineer called out to the cabinets on the 11th and called us saying we should be fixed our line was up but our broadband was still down he advised us to wait a few hours and try then which we duly did

I Called PlusNet back to explain we had the phone line back but still no broadband ran some tests and said they would order an engineer back out to our property to check inside 

We had swapped various filters and new phone wires to check for ourselves it wasn't internal wiring as advised prior to engineer calling to the property

Open reach engineer called to our property on the 15th December he was under the impression it was a phone line fault he was coming out for I explained to him that was resolved on the 11 December he was very helpful checked all the wiring inside went back to the cabinet and said everything was fine and said the modem wasn't syncing up and it would probably be a modem fault and to call my provider as he couldn't find anything wrong

I called PlusNet again and I must say the guy I spoke to was very helpful and this is where it gets confusing for me he said when we ordered our broadband with PlusNet  we had to have a new number which was fine but somehow the new line was on the new number but the broadband was on the old number and somehow we had been fine from February  but something had gone wrong now he said he would raise it to the relevant team but this would take a further five working days to resolve which takes me now to the -  we rang again on the 21st  Dec and they passed me two three different people explaining myself over again in the end he said it would be raised and someone should call in the next 48 hours  

I waited until today (24th Dec) and spoke to a guy from PlusNet and to be fair to him he had only just seen the issues we were having and told me it would be another five working days and we can keep a check on the status to save us ringing.

Obviously now I'm left a little frustrated and he said he can’t tell me anymore and nothing he can do as he has only been made aware of these issues today.  So, from the 7th December until present the 24th I am left with no Broadband - I have to wait a further five days for tags to be removed and put back on which means absolutely nothing to me

my question is how do I raise an official complaint and what to do next as I have ordered 3 sets of five day passes from bt Wi-Fi with fon and a few day passes when I thought it may be resolved

I was told on the 13th that I would be reimbursed for losing this month’s service but its cost me a small fortune approximately £100 on bt Wi-Fi and I'm still no nearer to having this resolved.

Any help advice on what if anything to do next I would be very grateful

PlusNet username is [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: no broadband for almost a month

Welcome to the community forums @Stee

I'm sorry to read of your experience. It looks like the broadband fault we've raised on the 22nd had found a potential problem on the Openreach network and a fault was reported to our suppliers then too.

Checking the open fault report, I can see we've been advised to allow 2 working days for this to be investigated. Due to the festive season, today is the second working day so I've set a reminder for myself to chase this up tomorrow if needed.

I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill with you when this is resolved. Hopefully not much longer now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stee
Hooked

thanks for the reply  the fault was reported on the 7th December  that i had no broadband and phone line and reported again on the 11th when i got my phone line back  when the first engineer came to the cabinets and again on the 15th when the second engineer came out  to my house and the cabinets 

this inst a problem that was reported on the 22nd it was reported as described 

but thanks for the reply 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye. Going over your account I can see a few telephone engineers have been out, advising that the issue is with faulty fibre ports at the cabinet. The final engineer indicated it was a broadband issue and there isn't anything they could do.

So it's now being investigated as a broadband fault.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've decided to chase this up now instead of waiting.

It looks like the broadband fault is stuck within the Openreach systems, so it didn't progress to their engineering teams. As a result they've got to manually progress the fault report and we've been asked to allow 48 hours.

Due to the weekend and new year we'll need to check back on the 3rd.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stee
Hooked

i have just had a e-mail  3rd of Jan saying its stuck in open reach systems and has been escalated

so still no nearer knowing from the 7th December when we will have broadband 

As we are on our last day pass of yet another five day pass purchased from bt wifi with fon i would like some info as do i purchase another five day pass and at another 17.95  to pay i would like some clarification as buying them day buy day is a lot more expensive  

lazyblue
Hooked

Hi. I feel your pain. I really,really do. I have had flawless fibre service for well over a year. On Monday 4th December it died. I've made countless call to the Plusnet faults team and I know they're even tearing their hair out now! It took BTOpenreach fifteen days to get an SFI (broadband) engineering to run tests. That,I believe,was on the 20th. They identified a faulty card in the DSLAM cabinet on the street Andare yet to replace it. They fixed my two neighbours' issues by a "lift and shift" onto other ports on their respective cards in the cabinet. As for me....no such luck. There were no remaining healthy ports on the card I happen to be routed through. Endless calls, dubious non-commital information being passed from BTOR to Plusnet,with no end in sight!!!! I'm sick of this. My work is suffering,I need to do my tax return,people need it for repeat prescriptions,we couldn't video call family abroad at Christmas. The list of inconvenience is endless. So,I SO feel your pain and hope you get back online soon. We're on the verge of changing providers so that BToR are forced to reprovision us!!

Stee
Hooked

Sad to read you lost out on family time over   xmas period  

Sound in similar pickle as us and yes i feel there is no end i would like  someone to at least come and state  how long i can expect to wait as it affects the decision on getting bt wifi and what package to get like you i have to file online payroll submissions as the fines are heavy so i have no option to keep paying for a temporary fix the cost alone this month to do this as been so high and the inconvenience as  got me to the point of despair 

I am considering filing online for a full reimbursement  and a get out as to where i stand with this i have no idea im guessing it wont  be so simple as when someone does not pay you but i may  spin it anyway and not really fussed about the online fees so if it gets no where it gets no where 

but like you i am suffering immensely now 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Stee Right so we've been advised by our suppliers that the fault report is no longer stuck in their systems and they've passed the job to the Openreach DCoE (Diagnostics Centre of Excellence) team to further investigate.

We need to allow them 2 working days. As the job was passed to DCoE yesterday, we'll check back on the 8th.

If we knew a guaranteed date when your service would be working, we'd happily tell you. Sadly as we don't have that information, I wouldn't be setting your expectations if I advised otherwise.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your continued patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stee
Hooked

Blue light  this morning after a calendar month what a relief Smiley

lazyblue
Hooked

Excellent news 😀

Still waiting for my service to be restored since 4th of December. Apparently an Openreach guy is doing a lift and shift for me tomorrow.....which they said couldn't be done on the 20th of December. I'll believe it when I see it.I really will.

So fed up with this now. OR just haven't given a damn about my problem despite Plusnet being on their case for over a month. Disgraceful service from OR. The pittance of compensation is simply not going to be enough to make up for the sheer amount of hassle this has caused,let alone all the time I've wasted sitting on the phone.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Stee I am very happy to hear you are up and running. Could you please log in to your account and check Ticket 164714406 and let us know once you have responded.

@lazyblue let us know how you get on after the engineer visit!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Stee
Hooked

@lazyblue I hope your issue is resolved very soon   fingers crossed for you I know first hand how frustrating this will be for you.

Hi LaurenB I have read the ticket you refer to and while I thank you for the offer of not having to pay broadband fees for being down  for the month plus a subsequent months free broadband.

That being said I have had to pay a 103 pounds to BT for a basic Wi-Fi connection while I have been down for the month which of course I have all the receipts. I didn't have much option as I am sure you appreciate being down for such a considerable time people have to function and go about there daily affairs so my question is this.  I'm under the impression that this was a open reach fault and I have paid BT this amount of money for a inferior connection can you pursue them for  all  or any of the costs I incurred

I would appreciate if you could take the time to answer and inform me of the position I will be left in as far as yourselves are concerned

lazyblue
Hooked

Well @LaurenB

The BTOR engineer came this morning. Initially he was given the incorrect port information for the lift and shift. Then,when he was given the correct information from the Department of Excellence (ha,ha) it was found the new port on a completely different card was also faulty,on card 1,and that there were no more functioning ports available.I'll bet they made no record when they lifted and shifted my neighbour and they tried to put me on his old port.

I am now back in the same situation as on 20/12/17 when they identified my card(#3) was faulty and there were no more available ports on it. They made no attempt to change card 3 knowing full well some of its ports are dead and I've been offline for thirty five days.

Apparently a LLUMS case has been opened to change the card,which should have been way was supposed to happen today but they only sent an SFI. Once again,after having my hopes raised,I'm left without servce,and waiting,and waiting with no commitment for a resolution in sight.

I have no faith in BTOR whatsoever,especially as the engineer rang me directly this morning to ask me what the problem was. They need their backsides kicking and their engineers are clearly not recording dead port on their one cards. Mind-blowing incompetence and the joke ceased to be funny last year.

I think my final few brown hairs might just turn grey by the end of the week. Lived in Turkey for four years and not even Turk Telecom were this inept.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

BT Department of Excellence  Funny  must admit it makes you LOL

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .