cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no broadband connection - Incident ID: IMT1944/22 - what is wrong, when will it be fixed?

DanielB
Dabbler

no broadband connection - Incident ID: IMT1944/22 - what is wrong, when will it be fixed?

Incident ID: IMT1944/22 - what is wrong, when will it be fixed?

Since  7 Jan.21 I keep losing Broadband Fibre connection repeatedly. It usually comes back after a few hours, lasts between 30 minutes and 180 minutes. And stops again.  (BT smart hub blinking pink).

Each time i used  Plusnet troubleshooter and reported. Finally Support concluded this circuit is affected by MSO. The Incident detail is as follows- Incident ID: IMT1944/22 Start Date: 08/01/2022 16:00:23 Estimated Completion Date: 08/01/2022 22:00:23.

so, how long do I have to fall back on mobile data?

note: currently the fault checker is down. https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults?_ga=2.183642405.2069530227.1641573576-1154630733.1641573576

Broadband Fault Checker temporarily unavailable

The Broadband Troubleshooter is currently unavailable due to maintenance work.

14 REPLIES 14
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: no broadband connection - Incident ID: IMT1944/22 - what is wrong, when will it be fixed?

Check the phone line - have you got a dial tone and a noise free line? If not use the phone fault reporter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DanielB
Dabbler

Re: no broadband connection - Incident ID: IMT1944/22 - what is wrong, when will it be fixed?

Hi Townman

Broadland is back for now.
The phone line is working with little or no noise (silent line test).
I should have mentioned.
Kind regards
DanielB
DanielB
Dabbler

Broadband is gone again since 15:50.
DanielB
Dabbler

Service status still shows nothing
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Service status does not change for a single line or localised multi-line issue.

Please keep checking the phone line condition.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DanielB
Dabbler

Hi Townman

Where does Plusnet publish localised multi-line incidents? Or, BT Wholesale?

Plusnet support told me that BT Wholesale have updated the ETA now to 10 Jan 23:55.

In our wider neighbourhood are incidents also with TalkTalk and BT. They call it the Internet Hokey Cokey. It goes up and down, down right now.

How quiet should the line be? The Linetest (170702, option 2) with a corded phone showed a faint hum.

Thank you
Kind regards
Daniel
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Plusnet does not publish localised incident reports. Some ISPs do where BT provide that information. Zen certainly used to - I looked there to see if there were any reports which might have been relevant and there were none.

I also searched for generic BT incident reports - the only site I found reported no major incidents. Unfortunately these days we live in a communications world governed by professional PR communications afraid of simple truths rather that straightforward engineering “this is how things are” statements. All too often there are no update statements from BT available to ISPs beyond next update will be 48 hours hence.

A low hum - possibly OK - possibly ERF interference which could cripple internet operation. Keep checking through the Hokey Cokey to see if the hum is variable.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @DanielB

I'm really sorry to see you've had connection issues over the weekend.

From what I can see the incident affecting your broadband service looks to be resolved now. This would've been a major service problem in the area on our suppliers infrastructure. I've tested your line today and everything looks good.

Can you let me know if you have further issues?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DanielB
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf
Thank you testing my line. I will monitor the situation until EOB today.
As my dear wife has Plusnet mobile, we tried to increase her data volume as a courtesy to mitigate the unreliable connection. But broadband and mobile were playing ping pong with us. Very poor customer experience. how can I recommend Plusnet to my 100s WFH colleagues?
What would you suggest?
Kind regards
Daniel
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Daniel,

While I appreciate the inconvenience and frustration caused by having broadband connection issues, I'm afraid it's not possible for us to guarantee a fault free service due to the way that our suppliers infrastructure works, because things can and will break, but both ourselves and our suppliers will do what we can to fix an issue as soon as possible. 

Really sorry once again for the inconvenience while trying to work from home. 

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DanielB
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf
Our Broadband connection just broke … again.
While it was good for work, it is quite disappointing for leisure time.
Hope this gets fixed asap.
I am far from expecting fault-free service. And I see that Plusnet staff work hard to keep me updated. Rather, I do expect more flexibility and offer alternatives during the disruption. In the form of additional data volume for my wife on Plusnet mobile.
Also I would expect a more durable repair. The latest broke again after 9 hours.
Kind regards
Daniel
Tags (2)
DanielB
Dabbler

I am still seeing unstable connection. At least 4 times disconnected alone today. Currently off since at least 40 minutes
DanielB
Dabbler

I ran your automated test by SMS to +44 7800 008121, “FAULT 01xxxxxx11”
Result
Hi, it's the PlusNet Diagnostics bot here.

We have tested your service, and identified it is being affected by an incident in your local area.

Incident detected: 07-Jan-2022 15:59

Estimated clear: 14-Jan-2022 07:36

Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have you back up and running as soon as possible
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Daniel, thanks for getting back to me.

I’m really sorry to see you’re having issues still and that the major service outage looks to actually be ongoing, based on the text you’ve got from our bot service.

I’m not sure why our checks on the 10th January were showing it as resolved, but it looks like the incident’s been re-opened for further investigation.

Fingers crossed it’s fully sorted out for you soon.

I’m afraid we haven’t got an alternative form of internet to offer that’ll replace a broadband service, and it’s not really practical for us to provide additional data for your wife’s mobile due to the level of data we can provide through bolt-ons is relatively small: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/bolt-ons/

Let us know how it goes and once the fault’s fixed for good, we’ll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture in the form of a credit on your broadband account to cover the time you’ve not been able to use your broadband and for the inconvenience caused. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet