Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to fibre

FIXED
soddit
Grafter

new to fibre

DSL checker gives my line a max of 54.5 and a low of 35.5 and as a result I'm limited by plusnet to the 38 package.
As a result my uploads are 1/10th of what the 76mb package gets at 1.9mbps. DSL checker gives the upload capacity between 6 & 8.4 mbps.
I'm guessing the the 54mbps rating is down to the distance from the cabinet as a friend on the same cabinet is getting 73 down & 17 up (80-20) from his provider.
This upload restriction seems to penalise me for being that bit further from the cabinet.
I was quite happy to pay the difference for the 76mb despite loosing 20 ish mbps as upload speed is becoming an issue as my son is starting a home business.
I must say after years of satisfied service, I'm not so now and i'm now tied to an 18month contract whereas my adsl one was monthly
I must admit I think I've made the wrong decision here and should have looked elsewhere and moved away from plusnet, It may even be worth paying the cancellation charge to find a better upload speed
4 REPLIES 4
avatastic
Grafter

Re: new to fibre

Unfortunately, in their infinite wisdom, Plusnet have stopped providing new FTTC customers access to the 40/10 service and are putting them on on 40/2 service.
If you're still within 14 days of your new contract, and you really need the increased upload speed and you're still within the "cooling off" period (14 days from when you ordered the switch from rolling to 18 month contract, unless they didn't specify in the comms the right to cancel) cancel the service and move to a provider who can supply 40/10 or 40/20 or will give you 80/20 based on the upper estimate.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
soddit
Grafter

Interesting that my Current product is listed on a summary page as  35.5Mb(down) / 8.4Mb(up) and I'm only getting 1.99 up
Something is amiss here, it reads as if it should be a 40/10 but actually is running at 40/2.
I'm paying for the above advertised numbers but not getting it, breach of contract maybe
Time to call customer support this morning
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

When did you order your Fibre? That is the important question!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix
I can see our support team have sorted this out for you this morning.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team