cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new instal but no new master socket??

nikgar

new instal but no new master socket??

hi,
ive searched but cant find a definitive answer.
I recently got fibre installed for the 1st time and the engineer didn't instal a new master socket, he said the micro-filter is fine.
should I have had a new master socket or not?
2 REPLIES 2
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: new instal but no new master socket??

Hi nikgar,
Welcome to the forums and apologies for the lack of update on your post.
The fibre installation should certainly have included a new face plate which has the filter built in so if this hasn't been carried out then it will be something we need to contact the supplier about and arrange another visit for. It is highly possible that a filtered set up will still work for you however this isn't ideal, are you currently seeing any issues as a side effect of this?
You should be seeing speeds around the estimates you get when inputting your telephone number here, if you're seeing something lower then this could be a result of the missing faceplate upgrade.
You should be able to report this to our support team who can arrange for another appointment for you and have the issue rectified, their direct number is 0800 432 0200.
nikgar

Re: new instal but no new master socket??

hi thanks for reply,
I don't seem to have an issue with speed however ill do a test tomorrow when im home and phone the support number you've given me.
thanks