FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: new gea test please

@ejs

The last GEA Test showed this below:

Cross Talk Not Detected

Also if the cabinet is fill up it would showing Waiting In Turn via dsl checker from btwholesale.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I'm pretty sure that the GEA test never shows crosstalk, unless perhaps the cabinet has vectoring, or there's vast amounts of it affecting you. Unless you are the only person on the cabinet, there'll be some crosstalk.

It's quite possible that the cabinet could have had one or more new lines without becoming completely full. The effect of crosstalk from any particular line can very significantly, one individual line might have little impact on yours, whereas another single line could knock a few Mbps off yours.

Since my FTTC was first activated February 2014 with Maximum Attenuation Rate (dB) at 108092k has now dropped

So the max rate has been gradually dropping over the years as crosstalk gradually increases with more and more people getting FTTC, and now it's got to the point where it's now below the full 80Mb.

If you continually graph the SNRM, you might be able to spot the SNRM rising when other people switch off or reboot their modems.

Ironically though, I expect that if you do manage to drag Openreach out and get them to faff about finding you another pair, they could probably find one that's currently a little less affected by crosstalk and will still give you the full 80Mb, for now anyway.

I do realise I'm completely wasting my time typing this though. Good luck with dragging out Openreach as many times as it takes to get your full 80Mb back.

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Bt know of crosstalk so they should be putting it right in the first place not just leaving it
iangilf
Rising Star

goldenfibre the only modem router that gives me full sync is the bt hub 6 the hub 5a and the tplink vr600 dont just a few kbs off lol but says attainable is 86000 +

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Mine is :
Attainable are 78148 kbps
Sync are 78882 kbps
SNR are 6.1dB
Interleaved are 8
Line attenuation: 11.1
INP are 38
iangilf
Rising Star

ok mate

20.00 Mbps / 79.99 Mbps

32273 / 84998

13.2 dB / 7.1 dB

14.2 dB

i wonder why the other modems dont sync to full speed bit odd really i would of thought they would have its not a problem to me just curious

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yeah I know as my line attenuation are shorter than your but my SNR are very low 6.1dB but if the SNR went back up to around 7.1dB I am sure that my sync rate will go back to the maximum rate 79999k
iangilf
Rising Star

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yeah I know. Mine is less than 250 meters away. Plusnet just telling me that fibre estimates are within range 71-80 and can't do nothing more. Sometimes I just don't get it. I seen someone in other forum can't remember where is it now as the line was 700 meters away and getting 79.9Mbps.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

If plusnet asking bt wholesales to do remotely DLM resetted then I reckon the open profile on the line will go back to 80Meg without any doubt.

So plusnet cannot go ahead with remotely DLM resetted unless the line is banded first.
iangilf
Rising Star

yeah that speed within limits is so huge from one end to the other its rediculous thats how they get away with it and tell people they cant do nothing

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

This is why I am very annoyed with DLM. Because all fibre should have fixed speed just like virgin media cable. Openreach are ridiculous to put the DLM on the fibre and what the point for?. I never liked DLM at all.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

For goodness sake, where have you gotten the completely incorrect idea that the DLM has lowered your speed from? All a DLM reset will do is remove retransmission and switch you to interleaving, temporarily giving you an even lower speed, until the retransmission is re-applied, and you'll be back exactly where you started.

Perhaps a fixed speed would be better, if the 80Mb package were set so that 80Mb were the minimum rate allowed, then since your line can no longer attain 80Mb, you'd have to switch to a lower speed.

mikelahey
Pro

Virgin's connection is fibre to the premises, Openreach fibre stops at the cabinet. The connection between your home and the cabinet is copper which requires DLM as the copper is subject to electrical noise which can impact your connection.

iangilf
Rising Star

ejs i dont think you know what your talking about i have already said dlm has restricted his line it doesnt have to be banded for dlm to restrict line he deifnarely has his line restricted by dlm and if u cant see that then u definately dont know what your talking about and u said earlier it was crosstalk well it obviously isnt either but im not going to argue with u about it i can see that dlm has made changes to his line it went like mine the higher snr i had that then dlm kicked in on my line the bt engineer had said that to me aswell when he was here after he made changes here he had it reset when he put me on a different port