speeds are 70 Mbps now thanks for making the changes

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7392973983

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: new gea test please

Glad to hear that's done the trick! -Matt

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

just another quick question

these are my stats , but when the engineer left my max attainable was over 81000 but now its in line with my sync rate do plusnet cap this speed aswell ? if so can i get the ip profile of 80 meg please which hopefully u can do your end and remotely like u did increase the speedtest for me thanks in advance

5. DSL uptime: 4 days, 04:23:07
6. Data rate: 20000 / 75680
7. Maximum data rate: 26258 / 75680
8. Noise margin: 9.4 / 5.8
9. Line attenuation: 17.6 / 14.3
10. Signal attenuation: 17.4 / 14.3

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,

The data rate is the theoretical maximum that the line will support, and we don't cap this. Your profile rate on our side is set at the maximum level for your product.

Tony

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

ok mate just seems odd as it was showing a higher attainable rate which has now dropped in line with my sync rate but thanks all the same tony fiber is a weird and wonderful thing lol

iangilf
Rising Star

current stats

my threwput is stuck at 67 meg download again can u make the changes what u did before to increase the threwput why is this happening ?

shoots all the way up over 70 meg then goes down to 67 meg dead on why has it changed again ?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7409019485

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:11:12
6. Data rate: 20000 / 76147
7. Maximum data rate: 26714 / 76088
8. Noise margin: 9.5 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation: 17.5 / 14.3
10. Signal attenuation: 17.3 / 14.3
11. Data sent/received: 159.1 MB / 693.6 MB
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @iangilf,

Upon testing your line and looking at the test results that you have sent us, everything appears to currently be working fine, despite the speeds being towards the lower ends of you estimated range. As this is the case I'm afraid there's nothing from our side that we could change at the moment to improve the throughput speeds that you are currently receiving.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

yes there is read back someone made some changes remotely its your end as always fedup of this every time its your end not mine it was fixed the other day and now gone back to how it was u dont get 67 meg speedtest results on a 76 meg connection matt sorted it last time i wished u lot would stop messing about with my line and just leave it alone after the changes are done , can see why people get fedup here on plusnet u say u run tests but it dont show anything up until yesterday everything was fine yes the line syncs at 76 meg and i was getting 71 meg download speedtests and matthewwheeler made changes remotely which fixed this and u tell me u cant do nothing your end lol and u wonder why people get frustrated cause running tests your side dont fix nowt maybe if u made some changes it would get fixxed but all we hear is we ran tests and nothing can be done lol its all jokes

Download speedachieved during the test was - 65.96 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-73.71 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 73.71 Mbps

Phone exchange:BROADSTAIRSEstimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 60Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2017-10-15 23:36:52Current line speed:70.2 Mb

is my line profile u hold its a bit out dated dont u think i think these are the causes of the lower threwput it reflects the 70 meg download grrrrrr why is this profile u hold so old ?

so is your side that the problem exists ip profile for my line is 73 meg so 66 meg download speed is not acceptable , why cant u just do what matthew did before and make the changes ?

plusnet is becoming a drain on my life

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Ian,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've just retested your line and your broadband is currently syncing up at 76.2mb/s.

I can confirm that the profile for your line is still set to the maximum and that no further changes have taken place since interleaving was enabled last week.

Could you please confirm what speeds you're seeing on a wired connection via the BT test socket?

Best wishes,

Dave

iangilf
Rising Star

It's on wired and interleaved isn't on my line it's set to fast path as my modem router shows me with pings of 7 so don't know why interleaved is on as it's not showing my end router states fast path so are u sure the line details u have there are correct so thing seems weird here as before Matthew made the changes I was getting 71 meg download and now it's back to 67 meg always so maybe my line needs to be kicked again and correct profile and threw put corrected whatever Matthew did last week solved the issue also I want to be kept on fast path as there was no issues with pings or stability now since the engineer did what he did when he did a lift and shift so please can u check the line again and put it back on to fast path as requested but if u tell me u put me on interleaved it hasn't worked so don't know what's going on to be honest all I know is the threw put has dropped to a constant 67 meg everytime I do it it pushes for more then drops down thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've run a line test for you and added it to the account. It does appear that some form of interleaving has been applied to your line though. I've checked the stability levels which are all as expected. Unfortunately on Fibre, there is no quick way to change settings such as this. I've looked into the changes made by Matt, and there is nothing that I can reverse to change the situation without logging a new fault and having a possible engineer.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Ok can you adjust the settings please so there is no interleaving on the line the line is stable enough to handle this and this could be causing the issues I just changed routers now I'm syncing slightly lower and still getting 67 dead on speed test thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We don't actually have a way to switch off interleaving I'm afraid, other than waiting for the dynamic line management to see that it's no longer required. This may then switch it off. The only other options aren't available to us as the line speed isn't banded. Sorry to bring this bad news.

Tony

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Pretty much crazy then how comes interleaved wad put on the other day then ? You can put it on but not turn it ff I don't get it ?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We didn't actually switch it on, that was just DLM that thought is necessary.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team