cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fibre connection

jessicafox3
Hooked

new fibre connection

My new fibre connection finally went live on friday after many weeks waiting.

I was told i would get between 2.7Mb and 6.3Mb but i am getting 0.63 down and 0.62 up

The connection is constantly dropping sometimes every 30 seconds at other times every hour.

Using the master socket with nothing else plugged into any other socket in the house.

Engineer was due to visit today between 8am and 1pm but still not bothered turning up!

11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: new fibre connection

I'm just looking in to this and will post back shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jessicafox3
Hooked

Thanks

Chris
Legend

I don't believe the fault has been handled as well as it could have been, I've pushed this over for our faults team to get this picked up again asap. I'm sorry for the issues you've had.

Just as a side note, the fault has been reported as a phone fault as this appears to be the underlying issue that's also impacting your broadband.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jessicafox3
Hooked

Thats one way of putting it m8

hopefully something happens soon as i am just about ready to give up and get a refund for the whole order and compo for a failed engineer visit

jessicafox3
Hooked

Dear Mrs Fox,

Thank you for your time today.

I am sorry about the failure of sending an engineer out to the premises today. I have tried to find out the reason for it and managed to find out that it was due to an error on Openreach system where the appointment had not gone through properly. I am extremely sorry about that however I have made sure that the below appointment went through.

An appointment for an engineer to visit the premises has been arranged for 05/07/2016 between 8am and 1pm.

As agreed with you, If the engineer finds the fault to be within the boundaries of your property, the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists and we will add a one off fee of £50 to your bill. The same fee will apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property.

jessicafox3
Hooked

Well 2 engineers and 6 hours and my connection is now worse! I cant keep sync long enough to open a google search.

Apparantly they sorted 1 issue but there is another and an underground engineer is now required.
jessicafox3
Hooked

The underground engineer has been out and replaced a length of cable and has said it should be as good as he can get it. I cant even currently connect to the internet, the dsl light it lit on the openreach modem but my asus just says disconnected.

The openreach engineer told me to request a dlm reset is that something that can be done from here?
jessicafox3
Hooked

It keeps getting better. I called and requested a dlm reset and was told i probably couldnt connect due to the line issues so the reset should sort it and to wait 4 hours and then reset my modem and router. 4 hours later and still no internet so i called again and they did tests and decided that i was no longer connected at the exchange and that an engineer could go and sort it on friday.

So annoyed right now
Chris
Legend

I'm not sure why the engineer told you to contact us to request a DLM reset, this isn't something providers can do and can only be requested and performed by the engineer. I sincerely hope that the engineer on Friday can sort this out for you.

jessicafox3
Hooked

openreach engineer has been out but for some reason they sent a phone engineer not a broadband engineer so he couldnt do anything to rectify the issue

I am so losing the will to live!

jessicafox3
Hooked

Broadband engineer has been out today and has left me with at least a connection

He and all the other engineers so far have stated i am way too far from the exchange/cabinet and should never have been sold fibre

I am holding a very unstable 1.6 down and 1.01 up which falls short of the 2.3-6.7 that i was predicted i would get

Where do i go from here other than slowly?