cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, blue light but no internet - 70 yr old vulnerable

clairegask

new customer, blue light but no internet - 70 yr old vulnerable

My dads connection moved over to Plusnet yesterday 27th march. He managed to connect everything himself with my support over the phone but it wont work. I've done everything I can over the phone. He's reset with the paperclip in the back, logged in on the IP address page several times, disconnected and reconnected. The blue light is on to show it is connected but can't get past that login IP address page. 

He lives alone and I'm sure you can imagine at this fraught time the last thing he needs to worry about is his broadband connection. I have tried all day to get in contact with Plusnet with no avail.

6 REPLIES 6
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: new customer, blue light but no internet - 70 yr old vulnerable

Hello @clairegask,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

I'm sorry to read about the circumstances in which you've had to contact us and I apologise for your fathers connection issues. So we can start to resolve the matter please PM the account username or full address with postcode and the account holders full name. Give us a nudge here once done so we can get that picked up.

Thanks.

clairegask

I have done that, thank you
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that @clairegask,

On testing the service it appears your father's router is not set up correctly and authenticating within the network, he'll need to go ahead with the below instructions:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: (accountusername)@plusdsl.net

Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

I've also provided those details via the online faults ticket that has been raised.

Thanks.

clairegask

Hi,
Just to confirm, the password is the account password, NOT the admin password on the bottom of the router?
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi,

To confirm the it is NOT the password on the router, it is the password used to login into the members centre.

The router password is used to go into the advanced settings of the router.

Dan

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @clairegask,

That's correct your father will need to enter  the account password (the one used to logon via the online member centre).

Let us know how he gets on,

Thanks.