cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Fiber broadband

labrat

new Fiber broadband

hello i switched from sky to plus net as sky was terrible and i wanted fast download speeds i joined because it said fiber would have minimum around 36 mps download and am barley getting 6 ? my upload speed 0.4 Huh this is worse than my regular sky any one know why ?

Mbps download

Mbps upload

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: new Fiber broadband

Hi @labrat

Thanks a lot for reaching out, and welcome to our online Community Forum. Quick fix here, the router isn't authenticated.

Follow these steps below, and your service should start working normally. Smiley

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the router, open up a web browser, and in the URL Field, enter 192.168.1.254, you should now be on your Plusnet Hub One Manager.

2. Navigate to Advanced Settings, you’ll now be asked to enter your admin password, this can be found on the router itself.

3. You should now see a sub-menu, select “Broadband”. Scroll down, and click “Disconnect”

4. You should now be able to edit your Broadband Username and Password. Your Broadband Username will be accountusername@plusdsl.net, and your Password will be the one that you use to log into your online Member Centre.

5. Click “connect”, you should now be good to go.

Give us a shout if you have any further issues at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
labrat

hello adam it seemed i was on setup@plus net instead of my own , thank you ! will i need to wait a few hours for the connection to sort itself out after i have changed it ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @labrat

Shouldn't need to wait, you should be getting fully speed straight away.

Are you having any further issues?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet