cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED after paying bill

Michaeltate1990

net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED after paying bill

So I was recently under the grace period whilst awaiting my pay to finally pay my bill, and UP UNTIL I'd actually paid it, my internet was working fine still.

As soon as I paid it I started having a myriad of issues with my WiFi. Firstly, the dashboard told me the bill had been paid, but there were some issues on plusnets side removing the restrictions...which hadn't been present because I had 6 days of grace left over before they were imposed.

On top of that, I had an absolute chore finally getting my Xbox one to reconnect to the WiFi, and it still refuses to let my mobile phone giving me the error in the title above every time I try.

On top of this, Spotify flat refuses to let me log in on my Xbox now, I'm able to log in when connected via my mobile phone hotspot (which is provided via ID Mobile), but cannot do so when the console is connected to WiFi.

Speed tests show it running at full speed with no issues, if my mobile is connected and I'm on the Spotify app it tells me I'm offline despite showing full WiFi signal, with the small "x" next to it, and repeatedly asks me to try and sign back into my WiFi. When I try, again I get the above error.

I've tried a fix that was posted to another user here a while back where you leave your router off for at least 65mins I think it was, then try rebooting back up.

Previous to trying this, I could get no connection at all, now I'm at the above - limited and not working correctly at all.

This is the one night I can finally rest and have a little me time, and thus far I've spent almost 6hrs trying to work my way around this.

Online gaming is virtually impossible as despite speed tests showing all fine and full speed (around about 40mbpsDL/8mbs ish upload), all games I try show me slow connection errors and have horrendous latency issues as a result.

Help?

2 REPLIES 2
Michaeltate1990

Re: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED after paying bill

Can't figure out how to close off the topic so, update; managed to get in contact with billing early this morning who found the issue and informed me it should be back to normal within a few hours.
Thanks Plusnet!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED after paying bill

Hi @Michaeltate1990,

I'm glad to hear that's been sorted. If there's anything else we might be able to help with then please let us know and we'll be happy to assist Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team