cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

naff signal with the Thompson router for 80/20 fibre

scottvsaunders

naff signal with the Thompson router for 80/20 fibre

Hey,
anyone else notice that the supplied router is pretty terrible for speed and signal strength ?
bearing in mind that my speed is supposed to be 80/20, I am getting on average 30MB and 5MB upload.  Obvious the speeds are closer to what they should be using a hard wire straight into the open reach modem.
other then buying a new and better router, is there nothing that Plusnet offer customers who experience this problem (it seems to be a large scale opinion based on a google search)
I know I could probably pick up one of the home hub modems pretty cheaply and these are fully compatible with Plusnet however are there any other suggestions?
Cheers
Scott
2 REPLIES 2
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: naff signal with the Thompson router for 80/20 fibre

I bought an Asus RT-N56U.
scottvsaunders

Re: naff signal with the Thompson router for 80/20 fibre

hmm - I have just plugged in an old BT Homehub and configured it for Plusnet which was a lot easier than it sounded (simply needed to change the username name)
The results really do prove how rubbish the thompson router is - see the image below

not bad for wireless - I also have a virgin media 152mb connection in the house which is really used for the xbox so my sons can play live via a hard wire connection and the wireless speed is actually slower than the above now!