Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple dropped connections fibre extra unlimited - unacceptable speed

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

multiple dropped connections fibre extra unlimited - unacceptable speed

Last couple of days  - Been getting frequent disconnections  / dropped internet  - usually very short outage had 4/5 disconnections yesterday   - this afternoon seem to have suffered a longer outage  - refer F8lure graph - i'm on a dynamic ip which has traditionally  been very sticky  however i'm getting frequent ip addy changes

Can someone do a check on my line to confirm the dropped connections as my line check on fast.com is showing 12mb d/l

while speedtest.net  is showing 12.9 d/l and 14.3 u/l clearly an issue while BT wholesale test  is now giving me a profile of 13.6mb  !! - this is a considerable drop since this morning  refer attachments on my post earlier today

user name    [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
10 REPLIES 10
moansalot
Rising Star

Re: multiple dropped connections fibre extra unlimited - unacceptable speed

further info  - please find attached router stats taken a few min ago

there is something clearly wrong with my connection/line

SNR  for u/l and d/l have previously be in region of 6.0 or less - and to pre-empt the usual script questions  - connection to router/modem is via ethernet  and the hub is still connected to the test socket ( where it has been for the last 4 + years )

And no the contractors from earlier today have not yet hooked up the new lines  - they are only at the stage of putting the conduit in the pavement.

moansalot
Rising Star

Fault reported on phoneline ( and confirmed via online test)  lets  see if that fixes my [-Censored-] d/l speeds in the mentioned 1-3 days   -  currently 12mb d/l on a 80/20 service

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Good morning @moansalot Smiley I can see since this an external fault has been reported on your account here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
moansalot
Rising Star

Thanks - will openreach intervention ( oh there is a van across the street right now - but not holding my breath.

FYI there appears to be an issue with your speed checker on my account it's currently reporting my current speed as 54mb d/l  it's actually about 12-13mb ☹️

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net. - Noor

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
moansalot
Rising Star

I have reported a phone line fault  which has been confirmed  - should I wait until that is resolved ( a very noisy line)  then report a b/b fault speed fault -  if the phone issue does not fix the issue   or go straight ahead and report the speed fault also

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @moansalot

I'd recommend waiting until the problem with your phone's fixed

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
moansalot
Rising Star

Thanks  Gandalf/Anoush

I'll try and be patient 🤐

moansalot
Rising Star

HI - after a second visit mid/late afternoon  by OR technician to my street cabinet ( they park across the street)  I briefly  had a quieter line and my b/b speeds improved from the low of 12 m/b d/l. to briefly circa 50mb level

However this morning i once again am experiencing a noisy line and frequent disconnects with lowered speed  - while I have a connection of sorts I  fired up  Fast.com  - which just showed my connection as 12mb d/l - though few min later with following details it's now 21mb !!

Snr are all over the place  down been as low as -5.7 and up to fig's below

Starting to regret my hub nickname - it's proving to be correct

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just checked for updates on this and Openreach are still working on the line fault for us, we're due to have the next update by the end of the day tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team