much improved since new hub 1 installed

tonyt2764
Grafter

much improved since new hub 1 installed

5 REPLIES 5
Casey
Rising Star

Re: much improved since new hub 1 installed

Geez... that's NICE. How far are you from the exchange - I;m about 2.8 miles and it crippled by Bt from the "up to 72" to 45 That was until 2 weeks ago when BT crippled it to 35 and I told them to shove it up their (_O_)... now I;m just waiting about 3 weeks for PNet fibre to be switched in (23rd, sorry, FOUR weeks!!)
tonyt2764
Grafter

according to bt 1800 mtrs away from cab

Casey
Rising Star

Interesting - I'm only about 1/4 mile from the cabinet, 2.8 miles to the local exchange.. and it was the exchange distance they kept harping on about with the drop from the "up to 72" and the 45 I was getting. I hope PNet will be at least back to the 45.. possible higher? (they say 38 to 52 on the fibre extended (plus?) That's a good speed for just over a mile to the cab. Well done you!
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

@tonyt2764 I would expect your cab to be much much much closerto you if you are pulling close to the 80Mb speeds, I'll have a gander tomorrow and see if I can find anything out for you

EDIT: Just realised you probably mean cab to exchange, that would make more sense, i assume however you can see your cab from your home at least given the speeds

@Casey If you'd like I'll take a check tomorrow and pop you a message over confirming the speeds you should expect to get, If you want to PM me your landline number I can do a few checks from here but won't be as accurate of course Smiley

tonyt2764
Grafter

just had another look and is is the exchange that is that far away not cab my bad read it wrong all i know about cab is that it is cab 78 in yeovil somewhere not anywhere near my house as all of them different numbers

just found this site   http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/cabinet-lookup.htm#fttc_cab