cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving to plusnet unlimited fibre, can i arrange in advance of my current ISP contract end date

TenderBear
Hooked

moving to plusnet unlimited fibre, can i arrange in advance of my current ISP contract end date

Hello

I have just stopped my sky broadband from renewing at the end of minimum term, last day in contract being 3rd November.

I wish to sign up to the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre package - which looks like it is currently on special offer with no activation fee - and would like to know if it is possible to sign up today and have the start date and fibre engineer visit all set up in advance of the 3rd November sky cancellation so as to minimise my internet downtime/activation period?

Thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: moving to plusnet unlimited fibre, can i arrange in advance of my current ISP contract end date

Hi @TenderBear

Welcome to the forums, if you call our sales team on 0800 432 0080 between the hours of 

• 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
  • 9am - 7pm Saturday
  • 9am - 6pm Sunday

we'd be able to arrange that for you, just give the advisor the date that you want the transfer to happen and we'd book it in for that day, however I'd advise you cancel your cancellation with your current provider as we'd be able to handle that for you and this would mean any delays in our order *should* delay the cancellation minimising any downtime should the worst happen.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: moving to plusnet unlimited fibre, can i arrange in advance of my current ISP contract end date

If you have told Sky to cancel your current line, then no other provider will be able to provide any service until that order completes. What you should have done, is to sign up, either online or via a call to customer services, asking for a start date that you want.

Not sure about Sky, but I did this with BT a while back, and gave them sufficient notice that a cancellation fee did not kick in.

JonoH
Hero

@Mustrum wrote:

If you have told Sky to cancel your current line, then no other provider will be able to provide any service until that order completes. What you should have done, is to sign up, either online or via a call to customer services, asking for a start date that you want.

Normally that's true but we can on this occasion as we have a month between now and the cancellation date we should be able to do it.

Jono H
TenderBear
Hooked

thanks for the lightning quick replies, i will cancel my cancellation with sky now.

i am not able to call to discuss at the moment, but if i can arrange the start date online I shall do that now.

thanks again!

TenderBear
Hooked

I just got sky to 'cancel my cancellation', if anyone could please confirm i can arrange the plusnet around the 3rd november contact end date online (as i won't be able to call today) that would be great!

thanks again

JonoH
Hero

@TenderBear should be fine, just select the date you want during the order process and if there any any issues our provisioning teams will contact you.

Thanks

Jono H
TenderBear
Hooked

OK so I just ran through the Fibre Broadband contract setup, paid the initial £25 etc but I didn't see any place to enter my current contract end date i.e. when I would like the plusnet service to start on.

Can someone advise where this can be entered? Thanks.

This would be for username: [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,

I've placed your orders and requested the 3rd November. We should be able to advise you later today or tomorrow of the actual date (hopefully it won't change) once the order gets accepted. We'll put any updates on this ticket on your account.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm happy to confirm the order has been accepted and committed for that date.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TenderBear
Hooked

Great, thanks for your help!
Could you tell me if a visit by an engineer is needed for setting up the fibre line? Thanks
JonoH
Hero

An engineer will need to visit the your local cabinet but shouldn't need access to your home. 

Jono H
TenderBear
Hooked

Ok great, thanks for quick reply
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep when I had mine done, I noticed the landline went down and I had to pop to the shops anyway. Noticed the cab was open and I thought "Oooh are they doing my line?" Grin

10 minutes later all up and running.

10 minutes with no landline, I think you can live with.

Pretty painless and hope it goes well for you.

TenderBear
Hooked

Excellant. One last question please - With this being setup in advance, when should I expect my first direct debit payment? Thanks