cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving in and signing up

chelseauk

moving in and signing up

I move into a new house on the 29th and i would like to get setup as soon as i can to moving. 

I tried to create an account and spoke to plusnet requesting a date for activation after i moved but was told it wasn't possible (They wanted to switch on before the previous person moved :)) (I was going to ask for the router to come to my current address).

I guess i need to get some idea of how long it takes for the router to arrive after signing up so it doesn't get sent to the previous occupants.

Also if anyone has tips on timing this so i can sign up before we move that would be helpful (I want to keep the time from moving to having fibre as short as i can).

By the way apologies if any of this is stupid but i've been VM Cable for years so fibre broadband is all new to me.

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: moving in and signing up

Hi @chelseauk,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

If you are already with us, the house move process is straightforward - you will have a date when your existing supply will cease, and a date when your new address is provided.

We always aim to have your existing supply ceased at the same time as services at your new address are provided, unless you specify otherwise.

For the new address supply we will always require at least 10 full working days notice, to allow our suppliers time to allocate engineers to carry out the work. You can check this site https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ for further information, please note this is an indicator only as the 10 full working days minimum is based on the assumption of existing working or stopped lines.

I would advise you to be mindful of whether there is an existing Openreach supply to the address you are moving into, as if not there can be issues that delay the provision of services. Where new lines are required factors such as the location of the property, the type of building and local engineer availability can all serve to extend installation times, sometimes significantly.

If you are in a contract your house move will be free provided you have not had one that year, otherwise there is a fee of £65 to pay for the engineer's appointment.

Routers take between 3-5 working days to be received once ordered, delivery is by Royal Mail First Class.

Notification of a house move has to be made to our House Moves Team, who will be able to check your new address details for you. It's advisable to allow plenty of time before your move and to raise any concerns about your new property to them when you call. You can contact them directly on 0800 432 0080 between the following hours:

08:00 to 20:00 (Monday to Friday)
09:00 to 19:00 (Saturday)
09:00 to 18:00 (Sunday)

Call wait times to our House Moves Team are minimal, although peak times do affect the time you have to wait.

At the moment, there is a wait time of approximately 7 minutes.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF