cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more than 1 static address

mason64

more than 1 static address

Hi 

Is it possible to have more than 1 static ip address with plusnet fibre ( am a home user ) 

running a few applications and want 3 static ip addresses. i understand i paid £5 for 1 but can i pay £5 for another 1 or £10 for 2 more?

Thanks

Dave

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

Re: more than 1 static address

I don't think so unless you're a business user - but someone may correct me if I am wrong.

Why do you need three?
Wouldn't port forwarding do what you want if you are having remote connections back to your home?

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 29

Good Afternoon, 

We do not currently offer multiple static addresses for home use however do for business use( some information can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/understanding-your-ip-address/ )

However the same functionality could be setup with a single IP , even if hosting multiple webservers, Port forwarding and NAT for starters or the inclusion of a reverse proxy to take all requests and redirect them to which internal box is required.

Let me know if you need more info Smiley 

Paul Tarr
 Plusnet Network Operations
mason64

thanks for the quick reply. i was thinking of having two ip addresses mainly for 2 name servers and then another ip for an application i want to run. 

I will see what i can do with NAT on my draytek router.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

When I used port forwarding, what I did was to turn the devices from getting an internal IP from the DHCP server (router) and put them in manually so it is static - making sure it is outside the DHCP range. Then you know it will be same. If the IP changes it breaks the port fowarding rule.

I do a similar thing with my network laser printer - if the internal IP changed it would stop printing and I would have to re-install the printer driver. It was getting right on my nerves (better not say a more sweary version of that statment Police)

I think NAT will do what you want, like all these things I do - it annoys you a lot while you're trying to get it set up, but you'll be pleased once you have and it is working.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 52

I will see what i can do with NAT on my draytek router.

You'll probably need to use the Port Redirection facility, see here https://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb_vigor_portforwarding.html